Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Smitty In Tha' House!

Add topic

Go Smitty!

"Students also are fond of Brogan. Affable and quick with a quip, he blends easily into campus life. Every August, he helps freshmen move into dorms. Often unknown to new students and parents, Brogan said a mother once referred to him as 'the little guy with the dolly.'

Rick Smith, who graduated in 2007, said he once visited Brogan's office after 5 p.m., without an appointment. He was welcomed inside.

'That conversation meant more to me than almost anything else I experienced at FAU,' Smith said."

Source:  palmbeachpost.com

Full Article

Back to the top

Re: Smitty In Tha' House!

Cool story Smitty.  I once had a problem with registering/dropping a class and I e-mailed Brogan about it.  He sent me a response the next day.  If I recall (it was like 5 years ago), I only got part of the money back…maybe the late fee but not the money for the credit or something…but the point was he personally took the time to respond and tell me how to best proceed.  I wish him the best of luck should he get this new job, but he will be sorely missed at FAU.  He is a real asset to the students of this University.
Back to the top

Why the title, Rick? LOL

Tomorrow, we all could wake up and start to realize a life without Brogan. Although he would be president for a little while longer while he transitions, LAB could begin - Life After Brogan.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Smitty In Tha' House!

smittysahoot said

Why the title, Rick? LOL

Sorry got carried away…….

;D
Back to the top

How long will he be president for?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Lost??

Who?
Back to the top

Rick said

Jab979 said

Lost??

Who?

President Brogan will still remain the president until someone is named interim president. Word on the street, and in the Sun-Sentinel, is that the interim president will be Provost Dr. John Pritchett. Some think he may be interested, and highly qualified, for the presidency.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Rick said

Jab979 said

Lost??

Who?

President Brogan will still remain the president until someone is named interim president. Word on the street, and in the Sun-Sentinel, is that the interim president will be Provost Dr. John Pritchett. Some think he may be interested, and highly qualified, for the presidency.

Do you or anyone else know his position on the football program and the stadium?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Until the beginning of fall semester!
I'll miss Brogan; that's for sure!
Back to the top

OFFICE OF THE PROVOST

Provost John Pritchett

Dr. John Pritchett became University Provost and Chief Academic Officer at Florida Atlantic University on April 1, 2004. He has extensive experience in university administration and provides overall leadership to the University’s academic programs.

Prior to his appointment at FAU, Dr. Pritchett was a member of the faculty and held numerous administrative posts at Auburn University. Dr. Pritchett joined the faculty at Auburn in 1973 as an Assistant Professor of Physiology. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 1978 and to the rank of Professor in 1983. In 1979, he was recognized for academic achievement through appointment to an Alumni Professorship.

In 1982, Dr. Pritchett was appointed Head of Auburn’s Department of Zoology – Entomology. With the re-organization of the University in 1986, he was appointed Head of the Department of Zoology and Wildlife Science in the College of Sciences and Mathematics. In 1995, Dr. Pritchett commenced service as Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Graduate School. In October of 2000 he was appointed Associate Provost for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Graduate School.

In February, 2001, Dr. Pritchett was named Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. He served in that position until October of 2003 at which time he was appointed as Associate Provost and Vice President for Graduate Studies.

Dr. Pritchett’s degrees include a Ph.D. in animal physiology and biochemistry from Iowa State University and a Master of Science in physiology and a Bachelor of Science in biological sciences from Auburn University.

Dr. Pritchett and his wife Ginger have four children (David, Lindsey, Derek and Keith) and 12 grandchildren.
Back to the top
Control functions: