Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Basketball Preview- By a fan...

Add topic

FAU Basketball Preview- By a fan...

Hey everyone,

A UALR fan has been doing basketball previews for quite a few years on his board, and as they dont have Football they are already looking forward to basketball season.

Anyway, here is his preview on FAU (He picks us as 6th in the east) and discussion about it.

Pappy's Predictions - 6th East

Here goes nothing (which is about what these are worth).

Please keep in mind he is simply a MBB SunBelt fan, so if there are any errors in information take it easy.

6th East - FAU.

WHAT I LIKE:

1. Big time coach. He hasn't produced here, but until he doesn't, I have to assume that he will. 2. Three starters return, although none of them put up big offensive numbers last season. If Sanchez Hughley returns from an injury, that will help. 3. Good-looking incoming class, but they are loaded with freshmen, so it remains to be seen how much help they will be.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

1. Only one returner who scored more than 7 ppg last season. 2. They did not shoot well at all last season. Will need help there if they are to move up. 3. Only one returning player over 6-6. They were out-rebounded last season and likely will be again. 4. Little history of success in the SBC.

Mike Jarvis has won big before, and there is no reason to think he will not again. He looks to have a talented incoming freshman class, but any help they may bring might be a year or two off.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Basketball Preview- By a fan...

The guy has a couple solid points…particularly:

Don't Likes: #1, 2

On the flip: Not being a homer, but we have a top three SBC class coming in…

Also, there are no starters returning - all is fair game again…"when you win 6 games, no one has the right to return as a starter". - Mike Jarvis

Couldn't agree with Coach more!

Back to the top

owlfamily said

3. Only one returning player over 6-6. They were out-rebounded last season and likely will be again.

Well I happen to disagree with his take on this as well. Rick, how many guys do we have now 6'6 or above? I don't know how these guys will turn out but my guess is we won't be out rebounded this season

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Rick, how many guys do we have now 6'6 or above? I don't know how these guys will turn out but my guess is we won't be out rebounded this season

6…

Simpson 6-9
Davis 6-9
Royster 6-8
Watson 6-8
McCoy 6-7
Mattison 6-6
Back to the top

i think this guy is spot on. this team has the potential to be very good in two years. right now its probably going to be a middle of the pack team, peaking late season.

Those pictures from before? Ray Taylor looks like a hobbit. that dude is small.
Back to the top
Control functions: