Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium set for 2011 Season - 2011 Schedule??

Stadium set for 2011 Season - 2011 Schedule??

So with the stadium now slated to arrive for the 2011 season…  What is our schedule that year?  Someone posted our future schedule somewhere but I can't seem to find it and with the announcement of the stadium I am wondering what "Michigan State" type games we could expect to arrive at our new home??  I believe we open at Nebraska again?  Is that accurate?  Anyone know the upcoming OOC games schedules?  Thanks!
Back to the top

Re: Stadium set for 2011 Season - 2011 Schedule??

They have said that there is still an outside chance of an opening during the 2010 season and have spoken with Michigan St. about moving the game to a December date but I find it hard to believe that will all work out.  I am going with the 2011 opening in my mind.  I know it would be a tough start for 2010 by why not just see if we can switch the Michigan St. games, play away next year and home for 2011?

FLORIDA ATLANTIC FOOTBALL FUTURE SCHEDULES

9-4 @ UAB
9-11 Michigan State
9-25 @ Texas
10-2 @ South Florida

9-3 @ Florida
9-10 @ Michigan State
11-26 UAB

9-14 @ South Florida

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Just read Ted's blog, it sounds like 2011 is definately the final answer.

Why not try to switch the Michigan St. games?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Yeah, ULM the first game in the new stadium, not very exciting, we should go back to MSU in 2010 and them come here in 2011 for the opening game!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Where's the link to the blog?  ::)

Cheers…

never mind…I found it… was being lazy…
Back to the top

NCowl said

Yeah, ULM the first game in the new stadium, not very exciting…

Yeah, talk about a dud. Well hopefully the excitement of a new stadium will be enough.

I thought we were in talks with Texas A&M for a home-and-home…. or maybe that turned into an away game at Auburn in 2011.
Back to the top

I wouldn't be surprised if we negotiated with someone to make our home opener a big draw…I think negotiating with MSU to just swap our home games seems easy on paper, but then it leaves us with a ton of road games in 2010. We could end up moving something around, like that Auburn game and getting someone at home that works better for us
Back to the top

Its going to be hard to say hey come play in our stadium opener in September in Florida.
Back to the top

The bigest problem I see for 2011 is that we could be 0-3 going into the opener that would suck.
Back to the top
Control functions: