Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF/UF fans sounding off against FAU - AFRAID? of our success & the new stadium

UCF/UF fans sounding off against FAU - AFRAID? of our success & the new stadium

WOW.  53 comments and counting… not the longest blog comments list I've ever seen on Ted's blog but one of the more heated ones.  The blog was simply announcing FAU's new stadium and when it would be built.

Why are UF and UCF fans posting hate mail?  Afraid we may be stepping on their toes?  They probably should be…
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2009/07/fau_stadium_30000_seats_and_op.html#comments

Some sample posts are:

its funny that you think these "records" are meaningful

while we play in front of 40,000+ every home game, you guys average in the hundreds in a 75,000 seat NFL caliber stadium

how many fau players are in the nfl, or have ever been in the nfl for that matter?

its funny, because every fau student I know that goes there only went there because they got rejected from every other state school save fgcu.

you guys play in a $hit conference with 5 other loser teams, its not hard to rack up wins against them. how many out of conference games have you won recently? and please, the detroit bowl is not really a bowl game. I would rather not go to a bowl than go to detroit.

fau is on the move? yea they are, toward the bottom of the state again, again and again.

face it, when it comes to state schools FAU is the bottom of the ocean. How many 3 or 4 star recruits do you guys get? How many times do you play on ESPN or ESPN2?

FAU sucks. Their academics suck, their girls are below average and their athletics are as bad as it gets.

And I dont make the schedules, but our AD (the former President of the Orange Bowl Committee btw) Keith Tribble is scared of nobody. And certainly not FAU. We have Miami at home this year. Think one of the big 3 will ever come to piece of crap owl stadium? NOPE

so quit your whining you no talent, ugly ,piece of crap campus owls because nobody cares about FAU, not even in south florida where UM comes 1st and the rest of the schools (fiu, fau, fgcu) do not matter.

LOL @ FAU
LOL @ FAU
LOL @ FAU

Posted by: dan | July 25, 2009 6:46 PM

if UCF played in ur conference we would go undefeated every year

you have florida athletes, you you SHOULD win your POS conference every year

believe me, its no big feat and nobody in the rest of the state is impressed

Posted by: dan | July 25, 2009 4:21 PM

lets see…i bet this stadium doesnt get built till 2015 because of this economy

it looks like u guys are copying central florida, except on a smaller scale

why dont u guys get original and then maybe you can get some respect from the big 5 of the state

1.uf
2.miami
3.fsu
4.ucf
5.usf

6.fau or fiu who cares both colleges suck

Posted by: gator john | July 25, 2009 4:13 PM

lol at ur proposed 30000 seat stadium

that wont be built till 2013 at the earliest, and it will never get filled with fans in your crap conference

and ur "innovation village" looks like a copycat of the better version at UCF (the towers @ knights plaza)

UCF has a better stadium, better Arena, better teams, better campus and hotter girls!

UCF>FAU
get used to it you rich spoiled losers

Posted by: dan | July 25, 2009 4:00 PM

I guess the Gators and Knights sense a change in the wind.  The OWLS are flying their way (and I believe we have surpassed UCF's accomplishments, with the exception of NFL players).

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Re: UCF and UF fans are sounding off against FAU - JEALOUS? of the new stadium

why don't they play us again? because they are afraid right!

Go OWLS!!!
Back to the top

I just left a couple of posts over there. I think most or all of it is the same guy changing his name. How many people have that kind of childish point of view? I mean, most of the stuff is just mean. No real truth, just trying to piss people off. I don't think you you can blame a fan base. Its just one maybe two guys with an anger problem or something. Some real childishness.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

UM is getting in on the hate-fest too now… The always original canes4ever just posted:

"fau sucks"

I was wondering how UM fans felt about our new stadium and I guess I know they feel the same way UF and UCF feel.  They are simply more concise about it.

And I get that it could just be one or two fans but I think we all know other conferences ALWAYS look down on the SunBelt so it likely is somewhat of a generalized statement.  Why doesn't UCF schedule FAU now that we are officially playing BCS football instead of in our Division 1AA transition year?  I think the spread would be much larger than the 4 points they had on us in their win AND I don't think the same team would walk away with the W!!
Back to the top

rdownin1 said

why don't they play us again? because they are afraid right!

Go OWLS!!!

Pretty much…nothing to gain and everything to lose…as it stands, they are regarded "higher" due to Conference RPI…at least the media thinks so…although that is certainly arguable head to head…always see a UCF helmet on CSS shows…never an FAU helmet as a back drop…

Not taking FAU's side, and being completely objective, do believe we would beat them this year - easily.  Their offense is very suspect…next year is a different story when Rusty is gone…too many unknowns for us…
Back to the top

Well to be fair to them Owlcountry40 went on one of their forums and started talking trash lol.  It's like hitting a wasp's nest that's already been blown in half by a firecracker.  I still think we have more to show as a football program compared to UCF and I find that most USF fans see it that way as well. And I highly doubt UF fans are jealous of our stadium.  They just won the National Championship!  Why the hell would they care what we are up to?
Back to the top

The said

I still think we have more to show as a football program compared to UCF…

Exactly…O'Leary has been given all of the resources he has asked for which is far above what HS has…not to mention the total earnings difference the two have when compared head to head…AND we still do not have a stadium…although it is on the way…yet we still have more post season success AND a better winning percentage overall when the two are compared.

Bottom line:

Better coaching means more success…just a matter of time til the rest catches up.
Back to the top

It has absolutely nothing to do with jealousy. That's absurd.

Let's not even talk about FAU vs UF because we have nothing on them. Let's focus on FAU/UCF.

Our stadium - which hasn't even broken ground yet - will be 2/3rd the capacity of UCF's stadium and generate half their average attendance. Think about it: FAU's average attendance is going up with each season but has not yet filled Lockhart.

Barring any major upsets in the next two years, some realistic numbers for FAU in 2011 would be in the range of 20-25k announced and 18-20k actual. Do you not agree? So we're clearly not going to outdraw them. In light of UCF's larger stadium and a student body of 50k, they can argue that we're not going to outdraw them in the next decade or so.

Now FAU fans will argue that we could outplay them and often cite our two bowl wins… although one of those wins was against a team from their conference so clearly they're not going to respect that. Our second victory is a different matter. Central Michigan was a solid team. Not a BCS team but a solid 8-5 team that put 17 on #2 Georgia and 24 on #17 Ball State before ultimately falling to them and facing us in the MCB.

So in a mature moment they should give us some credit there. Hopefully we can bowl again in 2009 and be victorious against an even stronger team yet it's far too early to know if our new linebackers and shuffled lines can get it done against in-conference foes, to say nothing about a possible post-season appearance.

UCF can claim we stole their Athletic Village concept and you know what, they're right. FAU bigwigs went up there and said, "We're doing this." So far there's nothing "innovative" about our "Innovation Village" except to say it's a new way of thinking for FAU: not innovation nationally, just innovation locally. FAU recognized that it was a good idea and we're not the only ones to catch on. See, the idea of integrating retail on a college campus is recent but hardly new; retail villages are the "in" thing to do right now on college campuses and everybody's rushing to build dorms around coffee shops, bars, small movie theaters, convenience stores, etc.

Case in point: Cal Poly's recently-completed Poly Canyon Village, billed as the largest student housing project in the nation.

Anyway, FAU has been lucky in many respects. We lucked out with Coach S and Rusty, we lucked out on our bowl invites and wins, and now we're lucky to have the opportunity to build a stadium and keep up with our prime competitors in recruiting: UCF and FIU. We all recognized that this facility was a necessity to get serious interest from bigger and better players. We very likely won't sway a player away from the Big Three but we can still knock off BCS teams on the road with 3 star guys. Now that the football stadium is coming online, those 3 star guys can give FAU more serious consideration.
Back to the top

You are right.  Neither team has any reason to be jealous of us.  They also have no reason to go to our blogs or message boards and talk crap about us either.  It is probably just the same immature person that gets his kicks getting reaction from people on an Internet chat.  If you ignore them, they'll go away.  Although if they are getting more hits on Ted's blog, I guess it is good for Ted…so whatever.
Back to the top

Re: UCF/UF fans sounding off against FAU - AFRAID? of our success & the new stadium

Claiming someone stole the retail/housing on campus idea is just dumb. There are only so many ways to build things. The timing is real bad in this economy but when things improve it should be a good revenue generator and every school needs those.
Back to the top
Control functions: