Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Help pick FAU's Greatest Season -- 03 or 07?

Please help out, and provide Ted with your vote…..

As for me, 2007 hands down!

Poll
Back to the top

Re: Help pick FAU's Greatest Season -- 03 or 07?

Help pick FAU's Greatest Season -- 03 or 07?

07 as well.

Adult pool noise in 07 while 03 was kiddie pool.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

definitely '07. '03 was great but no one cares about Division 1-AA. Yes we were ranked # 4 in D-1AA. In '07 we became the quickest start up team to reach and win a bowl game. I think that until that record is matched or broken all start up teams are going to model their programs after FAU saying FAU did it, why can't we?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

03 was such a blast to experience but 07 certainly wins for fan experience. The fans actually got to live 2007, all of the games, where in 03, I remember having to wait until Tuesday to even get an update on our standings, no one cares about 1AA, execpt for those guys on that anygivensaturday board! man i'm glad I don't have to go there anymore.

Everyone is mentioning the Bowl Win, which was amazing and nice to see us step up on the big stage but don't forget that Troy game! Talk about a nail biter, that is what Conf Championships are made of!

Back to the top

owlfamily said

03 was kiddie pool.

With or without the Baby Ruth?
Back to the top

Caddyshack FTW.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I had to pick the 03' squad. I still think the 03' team, was our best team to date.
Back to the top

03 was the better team? I don't know man, but looking at the skill positions, they're really close. hopefully this stirs some debate so we can get through the last month before football.

I will give you that Mark Myers and Andy Rosas were better than Warley and whoever we picked from the stands to punt for us in 07 but…

Allen v Smith (too close to call, both very good)
Parker v DI and CP (I'll say that DP would have been a force with a better line in front of him, so that's arguable)
WRs: Bynes v Gent (also v close)
TEs: ACH v Harmon (both greats as well)
LBs: Laz n Swain v Joseph n Cerg
CBs: Willie Hughly v Small

I think they're verrrrry close. I'd take any one of those players back on our squad right now. That's one thing HS did well, he managed to find some great football players to start this program.

I was just reviewing the results from 03 and I totally forgot about the second game, that weak loss to Valdosta after we beat MTSU. We should have never lost that game! Then followed that by UCF which was such a great game. 2003 was a damn good year.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

hopefully this stirs some debate so we can get through the last month before football.

Allen v Smith (too close to call, both very good)
Parker v DI and CP (I'll say that DP would have been a force with a better line in front of him, so that's arguable)
WRs: Bynes v Gent (also v close)
TEs: ACH v Harmon (both greats as well)
LBs: Laz n Swain v Joseph n Cerg
CBs: Willie Hughly v Small

Nice post Team ;D

To weigh in on your call for "debate":

Allen…better scrambler…obviously.

Arm strength goes to Smith though.

Reads, difficult to access.  Competition level increased dramatically for Rusty.

What would he have doen with the weapons Smith has…night and day across the receiving crops…if he had FIVE to choose from, we would not have lost the Colgate game - period.

Parker…did not have the O-line we had in 2007.  What could he have done behind that bunch?  CP, obviously a bowling ball back his senior year, but if Parker had the same chance, would give him the edge.  Edgecomb…not in the mix as a running back…but special teams runs, 1st prize.

Bynes and gent…Bynes didn't have the time…given four years, and Rusty, could have been our all time receiver IMO.  Gent came in as a freshmen and has been afforded the chemistry route Bynes didn't get.  Not to take anything away from him though.

TE…Harmon…Hill was a great space eater…but he wans't as athletic, and was slower…again competition level would have come into play…Harmon is the man.  Hopefully he will have the best year of his career this year!

LB's…Joseph, hands down…Cerge next…then Laz…Laz was undersized and took advantage of the smaller offensive offerings of the DIAA scheduled opponents…but, still, would have him on the team today if he had some time left!

Cb's…Tie…and wish we had them both going into this year with the youth of our unit there…would totally change the outlook!
Back to the top

Thanks for taking the bait Rick.

I really think DP could have been a the best running back in history for us, he just never got the help. If you remember his senior year, the guy was HUGE and had more height on CP. I think the coaches went to more of that scatback style back when they realized that a downhill back like Parker just wouldn't get the holes to run through.

The same probably goes for Allen as well, he wouldn't have had to scramble so much if our Oline wasn't so bad! The guy was hands down good, way too good for our team at that time.

I'd like to know Sirwgula's argument is for 03. Yes, we had a lot of wins, but any of those wins today, wouldn't shake up the fan base. Don't get me wrong, if they book Bethune again, I'm there.
Back to the top
Control functions: