Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2009 Preseason HP All-American Team, Offense: William Rose - FB

Unsung hero of FAU's pro style offense in our book…

The Heisman Pundit places value on the FB position as well.

Who is the Heisman Pundit?

"Heisman Pundit knows what he's talking about … which is more than I can say of some pundits."–SI's Stewart Mandel

"Always entertaining. He takes the Heisman more seriously than probably 99% of the Heisman voters themselves."–ESPN's Bruce Feldman

"Heisman Pundit is the quintessential source for analysis of the greatest individual trophy in the sporting world."–Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart

"Indispensable."–SI's Austin Murphy

"…definitely required reading."–EDSBS

Fullback - William Rose, Florida Atlantic
Nice mention!
Back to the top

Re: 2009 Preseason HP All-American Team, Offense: William Rose - FB

I tell ya what, if Willie could put on a little more weight but keep his hands and blocking skills, HE could be our first draft pick...so many NFL teams still utilize FBs but there are hardly ever any that come out of ncaa ball
Back to the top

Interesting premise Team…none else has mentioned Wille going to the league before to my recollection…

He would need 20 pounds probably though?
Back to the top

What does Willie weigh?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

2009 Preseason HP All-American Team, Offense: William Rose - FB

Yeah, he's 18lbs off Alstotts listed playing weight, same height though, who knows what this summer has brought for him.

If he can put that on, he could play…drafted isn't really likely as I would imagine if a team wanted him, they probably wouldn't be too concerned that he'd be stolen on draft night so he'd probably go the FA route, but don't be surprised if that happens.
Back to the top

i'm with you…wouldn't that be ironic!?
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Yeah, he's 18lbs off Alstotts listed playing weight, same height though, who knows what this summer has brought for him.

If he can put that on, he could play…drafted isn't really likely as I would imagine if a team wanted him, they probably wouldn't be too concerned that he'd be stolen on draft night so he'd probably go the FA route, but don't be surprised if that happens.

Most pro teams are now going for BIG bruising FBs and not the lighter guys that actually get touches.

Only two FBs were taken in the 2009 draft: Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse, 6-0 245 and Quinn Johnson, LSU, 6-1 261. Fiammetta had 16 career carries and 28 career catches. Johnson had 16 career carries and 5 career receptions.

Rose has 136 career carries and 63 career receptions. Far better production than the other guys, but he lacks size.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

so…20lbs in one year, anyone know how that's possible?
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

so…20lbs in one year, anyone know how that's possible?

Yeah, an NFL trainer…….
Back to the top
Control functions: