Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

South Carolina Tailgating/ bar info

Hey  i started a thread a while back asking the USC fans about the trip me and many owl fans are making heres the link to the thread.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=89860
Back to the top

Re: South Carolina Tailgating/ bar info

Gamecock here.  I live midway up around the Kennedy Space Center.  I hope that many of y'all are able to make the trip to Columbia in September.  Our stadium is a really special place at night.  Let us know if you need any info about USC.  Drive safely and have fun!
Back to the top

I was more impressed with USC than with Texas as far as game atmosphere in the stadium. The tailgating outside of the stadium is a close call.

owlcountry40: the Five Points area (is that correct?) is like downtown Boca so-to-speak where Murphy's, Holloway's, etc. is. It's an area of town where the 'night life' is - at least it was that way in 2006. Maybe it's changed since the last time FAU played at USC.

Have a safe trip!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

5 points is very much the same and there is also another section like that called the Vista which is a nicer area, a little more upscale
Back to the top

Smitty, the 5 Points area is adjacent to the campus and is indeed the main party place for the students.  It has undergone a makeover the last couple of years and is much nnicer now with added green ways and fountains and such. Here it is: Five Points Columbia, South Carolina

The Vista is newer.  It is a few blocks on the other side of the Capitol.  It is focused more on the adult dinning and partying.  Not in strip club adult, just in age specific stuff.  Here is the info on it: The Congaree Vista

If you have a few extra days you may want to visit historic Charleston.  It is only an hour away from the I-26 and I-95 interchange.
Back to the top

We are staying at the Ghetto Fabulous Rodeway Inn, in Columbia. I think we're about 2 miles or so from the stadium. How far from the night life are we?

Last year in Texas it was Nunzio's bachelor party this year it will be my 30th bday. Any suggestions on where we should go, bar wise?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

South Carolina Tailgating/ bar info

Jab979 said

We are staying at the Ghetto Fabulous Rodeway Inn, in Columbia. I think we're about 2 miles or so from the stadium. How far from the night life are we?

Last year in Texas it was Nunzio's bachelor party this year it will be my 30th bday. Any suggestions on where we should go, bar wise?

You are a mile and a half from 5 points and like a little less than half a mile from the Vista, so you are nto far from either
Back to the top

I should be making this trip also.  A buddy of mine lives in Ladson, just west of Charleston.  It has the makings of a great weekend.  Is the rodeway where everyone is staying?

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I should be making this trip also.  A buddy of mine lives in Ladson, just west of Charleston.  It has the makings of a great weekend.  Is the rodeway where everyone is staying?

I'm sure the players and the prowlers will stay somewhere nicer but the Dirty's and the Delts (Delta Tau Delta) are staying at the Rodeway Inn. If you want to have a great time even before or after the game, my suggestion would be stay at the Rodeway Inn.

Rodeway Inn (SC266)
1301 Main Street , Columbia, SC, US, 29201
Phone: (803) 779-7790

$54/night

give em a call. I don't know if the price has gone up or not. I booked this reservation December 21st so almost 8 months ago

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I'm sure the players and the prowlers will stay somewhere nicer but the Dirty's and the Delts (Delta Tau Delta) are staying at the Rodeway Inn. If you want to have a great time even before or after the game, my suggestion would be stay at the Rodeway Inn.

I'm not sure if the prOWLers are going as an organized student group, Jab. We did in 2006 and it was fantastic.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: