Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Radio 760AM New Home of FAU Football and Basketball

ESPN 760: NEW HOME FOR FAU!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

ESPN 760 IS THE NEW HOME FOR FAU FOOTBALL AND MEN’S BASKETBALL

BOCA RATON, FL – August 5, 2009 - Florida Atlantic University football and men’s basketball has a new home for radio in South Florida. Florida Atlantic University athletics and its marketing partner Nelligan Sports Marketing have reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN 760 to serve as the flagship station for FAU football and men’s basketball beginning this season as well as market the entire athletic department.

“Our new partnership with ESPN 760 will substantially strengthen the promotion and
programming of our football and men’s basketball program within the South Florida market,” said FAU Athletic Director Craig Angelos.

ESPN 760 will broadcast all of the Owls football and basketball games. The broadcast schedule will include pre and post game shows for each game as well as the FAU Sportspage Call-in Radio Show featuring FAU Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger, Head Men’s Basketball Coach Mike Jarvis and other selected coaches.

“We are ecstatic to partner with Florida Atlantic University and align ourselves with a rapidly growing University. We are committed to the best local sports coverage and are excited to bring our “Hometown Team” to ESPN 760’s passionate sports fans” said ESPN 760 General Manager Steve Politziner.

In addition to broadcasts, ESPN 760 will fully integrate FAU sports into programming and promotion of the station including: on-air/on-line imaging, on-site events, enhanced coverage of games and practices, multi-media advertising to promote its association and weekly FAU Athletics updates to occur during daily programming.

FAU Radio Quick Facts

ESPN 760      Flagship Station

Coverage:      Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast

Broadcast:      FAU Football and Basketball

FAU Sportspage Call-in Radio Show featuring FAU Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger, Head Men’s Basketball Coach Mike Jarvis and other selected coaches.

Marketing:    Fully integrate FAU sports into programming and promotion of the station including: on-air/on-line imaging, on-site events, enhanced coverage of games and practices, and multi-media advertising.

Frequency:    3,000 watts

ESPN 1400     Affiliate Station

Coverage:      Broward, South Palm Beach and North Dade

Broadcast:      FAU Football

Frequency:    1,000 watts

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN Radio 760AM New Home of FAU Football and Basketball

ESPN West Palm

Website looks great and they have the FAU announcement all over the front page.

Its canned ESPN programming untill 4PM, untill Evan Cohen broadcasts live at 4 PM.

Im not sure if the signal will reach me OMW home from Ft lauderdale but I will sure be listening and try to call in.

Local Owl fans we need to be proactive and call in and talk up FAU sports on the local programming. I dont know about you guys but i get just a bit tired of Mandich on 560 blathering on about MEEECHIGAN and being a UM homer.

Ill be tuning in!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

ESPN West Palm

Website looks great and they have the FAU announcement all over the front page.

Its canned ESPN programming untill 4PM, untill Evan Cohen broadcasts live at 4 PM.

Im not sure if the signal will reach me OMW home from Ft lauderdale but I will sure be listening and try to call in.

Local Owl fans we need to be proactive and call in and talk up FAU sports on the local programming. I dont know about you guys but i get just a bit tired of Mandich on 560 blathering on about MEEECHIGAN and being a UM homer.

Ill be tuning in!

OwlFamily you can try 1400AM in Broward. You'll get the football games on 1400 just not sure about hearing Evan Cohen at 4. He's been the only local radio guy who's been pro FAU for as long as I can remember. He always talks FAU

Back to the top

i'm glad we got off of man squawk…….

760 was the right choice…they lose some broadcast coverage, but online is not affected…
Back to the top

Jab979 said

OwlFamily you can try 1400AM in Broward. You'll get the football games on 1400 just not sure about hearing Evan Cohen at 4. He's been the only local radio guy who's been pro FAU for as long as I can remember. He always talks FAU

Cool,

Ill have 1400 on for the games in lockhart, ( I always have the game on to hear about injuries and such).

Wish I had known about cohen earlier, Ive tried to get thru on 560 once or twice on mandic but the interview to get thru is bascially like the spanish inquistion.

Hope I can hear it on the way home!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Ill have 1400 on for the games in lockhart, ( I always have the game on to hear about injuries and such).

I should start listening to the radio during the game too. The sound sucks at Lockhart so it's sometimes unclear what the penalty was or who made the tackle.

What is the policy on bringing in a cordless radio?
Back to the top

ESPN Radio 760AM New Home of FAU Football and Basketball

owlcountry said

owlfamily said

I should start listening to the radio during the game too. The sound sucks at Lockhart so it's sometimes unclear what the penalty was or who made the tackle.

What is the policy on bringing in a cordless radio?

haha policy? I used to sneak in a 6 pack with no problem, I'm sure you can get a radio in. I see people do it all the time

Back to the top

Evan used to to play by play the basketball games... dunno if he does that anymore

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

Evan used to to play by play the basketball games… dunno if he does that anymore

Last year was the first time Evan did not do most of the BB games - Fox had the broadcast right (ESPN had them for a couple of years prior) , but he did manage to stay involved & announce a lot of the games for Fox.

Evan got involved with FAU when he started his gig with ESPN back in '03 in one form or another - you can definitely tell that the program has grown on him and has always spoken well of FAU on his program.  Having a local radio personnel attach themselves to your program is HUGE and like Evan mentioned, this is something they have been working on for 5+ years.

And now that ESPN is the flagship station for FAU - Evan will probably more involved with FAU basketball more then ever - I would expect more coverage & player & coaches being part of his show.  A great reason to listen to his show. 
Back to the top
Control functions: