Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU, Thomas Nab "Five Star" Former Kentucky Commit & 8th best overall prospect

Like him or not, Thomas is stockpiling some solid talent down the road…this is the latest…which is already stirring the Hoops media landscape…

Dominique Ferguson

Ranked by ESPN.com as the 8th best overall 2010 prospect in the country…um, he had Duke chasing him.

"In a decision sure to stun many in the basketball community, Ferguson, rated the No. 8 rising senior in the ESPN 100, gave a verbal commitment to Florida International on Friday.

'It's just about the tremendous respect I have for Coach [Isiah] Thomas,' Ferguson said. 'Everybody wants to get to the next level and when you make a commitment it's about who you think can get you there. A lot of coaches can and do, but he's been there.'"

Story here

NOT happy to hear this…….And the folks at DePaul are not happy about it either, as it was a local they they should have had a chance at:

Link
Back to the top

Re: FIU, Thomas Nab "Five Star" Former Kentucky Commit & 8th best overall prospect

Not happy to hear this either but let's wait and see if he signs. If he does then gotta give it to FIU they have made the jump ahead of us in basketball. Even if he stays 1 year and goes to the NBA other top players will see he was in the NBA and they'll want to go to FIU as well. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and sign somewhere else lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FIU, Thomas Nab "Five Star" Former Kentucky Commit & 8th best overall prospect

I think this is great news for the Sun Belt actually.  If FIU can get top recruits, then so can other teams in the Belt.  I see it as a positive.  You have to build the conference somehow.  This may be the beginning.  If FIU is the only team in the Belt that can get this type of recruit over the long term, then something is fishy. 
Back to the top

I agree…very good news for the Belt…but, bad news for us as main rival…

If anyone should be getting these types of recruits it should eb Western Kentucky at this point…two back to back trips to the dance…

Seriously, for a team like FIU to land a guy like this is silly!

I mean, this guy will immediately be the premier player in the league…

Like Jab said though, let's see if he sticks to his verbal first…
Back to the top

Rick said

That might or might not be true. We shall see. First this guy has to make the transition to college. He might get the most media attention at first because he was a sought after recruit but let us wait for the hidden gems and the under the radar players that also get recruited, particluarly by Jarvis. We might already have one or two. Taylor might have more stars if was taller. I don't think his skills are holding him back.

I think the Owls will be a fun team to watch this season. Too bad I live up here now.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

FIU, Thomas Nab "Five Star" Former Kentucky Commit & 8th best overall prospect

illinoisowl said

Rick said

That might or might not be true. We shall see. First this guy has to make the transition to college. He might get the most media attention at first because he was a sought after recruit but let us wait for the hidden gems and the under the radar players that also get recruited, particluarly by Jarvis. We might already have one or two. Taylor might have more stars if was taller. I don't think his skills are holding him back.

I think the Owls will be a fun team to watch this season. Too bad I live up here now.

How far are you away from Athens, GA??
Back to the top

Rick said

I wouldn't say that.  There is a long history of guys rated highly by prospect sites that never amount to anything.  It certainly is a good get by FIU, but don't go annointing him the class of the conference when he's a year away from playing a NCAA game.  Let's just see if he ever makes it to Miami first.
Back to the top

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Rick said

How far are you away from Athens, GA??
I don't remember. I've made the drive twice from here to Atlanta which isn't too far from Athens. Google says it should take about 11 hours.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Wow you are further away than we are!

I think it is 10 hours from Boca Raton…….
Back to the top

Can't tell if this guy is just upset and trying to downplay this story overall since IU and UK got snubbed, or is right in the matter…will need to see more from Fergie to truly be objective about him…

But he is definitely taking a jab at FIU!!!

UK, IU better off without Dominique Ferguson
Back to the top
Control functions: