Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Savannah State RB transfers to FAU...

Savannah State RB transfers to FAU...

Weird story behind this one…but FAU is happy he is coming:

"We're excited to have him," FAU assistant head coach Kurt Van Valkenburgh said of Edwards. "This is going to be a big fall season for him."

Wouldn't cut his hair, so he left
Back to the top

Re: Savannah State RB transfers to FAU...

LOL, I think he found the right team.  Howard seems to have a pretty lack hair length policy….(Daniel Joseph)

Back to the top

You're Savannah State not the New York Yankees lol. Their loss is our gain. He's a little small but that's ok if he can play it just gives us another option

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Especially with Floyd being injured.
Back to the top

Is this kid any good? If he is willing to give up on his previous coach and teammates over his hair length; what's to stop him giving up on FAU over something frivolous too???

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Good point Owlando!

Devil's advocate:

What does the measure of as man's hair have to do with anything outside of the military??
Back to the top

Owlando said

Is this kid any good? If he is willing to give up on his previous coach and teammates over his hair length; what's to stop him giving up on FAU over something frivolous too???

I'm sure he's not bad I don't think he's anything to write home about

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I'm sure it's MUCH more than the length of his hair…

They may not be getting along, and this was the last straw for the kid (perhaps even intentionally done by the coach) and it's the part of the story worth writing about. Remember, journo's are always looking for angles and for a kid that's transferring from a 1-AA school to FAU, there isn't much story.
Back to the top

One of the possible reasons why he tried walking on at FAU, might be that there are 7 running backs on SSU's roster???  Just a thought!

Savannah State University Athletics - 2009 Football Roster
Back to the top

We are down two backs with Floyd & Blanchard - this kid must have something to make the squad as a walk-on, could be used on special teams.

Then again …. we have some pretty good kids in Morris, Rolle, Stinson, Rose, Barasch, Muniz, Fortner (Freshman), Jones (Freshman)

Back to the top
Control functions: