Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Announces Creation of All-Sports Ticket Package

Add topic

The Florida Atlantic University athletic ticket office has announced the creation of an all-sports ticket package for the 2009-10 season. This unique package will allow fans to purchase 20 tickets redeemable to any FAU home match in six different sports (men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s basketball, baseball and softball). Those who purchase the $50 package will also receive five coupons good for five dollars worth of free concessions at any of the eligible sporting events. Tickets and coupons can be redeemed in any combination.

“This package offers our fans an opportunity to enjoy the excitement of FAU Athletics at home events for an affordable price,” said Dexter LaMont, assistant athletic director.

The all-sports ticket package can be purchased by calling the FAU ticket office at 1-866-328-6987 (FAU-OWLS).

Source:  FAU Media Relations

Back to the top

Re: FAU Announces Creation of All-Sports Ticket Package

Rick said

The Florida Atlantic University athletic ticket office has announced the creation of an all-sports ticket package for the 2009-10 season. This unique package will allow fans to purchase 20 tickets redeemable to any FAU home match in six different sports (men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s basketball, baseball and softball). Those who purchase the $50 package will also receive five coupons good for five dollars worth of free concessions at any of the eligible sporting events. Tickets and coupons can be redeemed in any combination.

“This package offers our fans an opportunity to enjoy the excitement of FAU Athletics at home events for an affordable price,” said Dexter LaMont, assistant athletic director.

The all-sports ticket package can be purchased by calling the FAU ticket office at 1-866-328-6987 (FAU-OWLS).

Source:  FAU Media Relations

They almost got it right. Why not make the package $100 and include everything or $50 gets you to men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s basketball. That's 1 package

Then for $50 as your 2nd package option you have all the other sports: Baseball, Softball, Mens Basketball, Football, etc..

Even if you can't include football. I just feel like they're should be a ticket package available for every sport if you want to buy like an annual pass type thing

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I think this is a great way for FAU to help attendance and sales at traditionally "non-revenue producing" sports.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Jab979 said

They almost got it right. Why not make the package $100 and include everything or $50 gets you to men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball, women’s basketball. That's 1 package

Then for $50 as your 2nd package option you have all the other sports: Baseball, Softball, Mens Basketball, Football, etc..

Even if you can't include football. I just feel like they're should be a ticket package available for every sport if you want to buy like an annual pass type thing

I agree, Drop football though. That needs to be standalone.

Lets say 85 bucks for 20 tickets to any non football sport (Mens or Womens). Free with purchase is a Parking pass to avoid parking fees at the Burrow.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I think this is a great way for FAU to help attendance and sales at traditionally "non-revenue producing" sports.

If they sell…which unfortunately I highly doubt they will.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

smittysahoot said

If they sell…which unfortunately I highly doubt they will.

If they want to sell any of these, here is my suggestion:  Offer them to football and men's basketball season ticket holders as a buy one/get one free deal.  It's a good value and those people are already fans of the teams.  The package itself is a good deal(especially if you buy baseball tickets anyway), but I don't think it is anything that will appeal to casual fans…go after your built in fan base. 
Back to the top

Bottom line here with the concessions thrown in:

$25 for 20 tickets…this equals $1.25 per ticket.

As Smitty eluded to, the objective is simply to get people to these non revenue contests…they are likely to break even at best given the concessions offerings being free, and incumbered cost of the event staff, etc…that is IF they got a good draw on average to each contest…

Not a money maker by any means…and not likely to sell, as Dusky stated.

But if a Fan simply wants a "night out", at low cost, it's a great deal…

How much is a movie ticket these days??
Back to the top

Rick said

But if a Fan simply wants a "night out", at low cost, it's a great deal…

How much is a movie ticket these days??

$9-10 for the average adult.

$7.50 for us… Owl Card comes in handy even after you graduate!
Back to the top

FAU Announces Creation of All-Sports Ticket Package

owlcountry said

$7.50 for us… Owl Card comes in handy even after you graduate!

:D
Back to the top
Control functions: