Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jeff Van Camp is Poised and Confident

Junior Jeff Van Camp, was introduced to the game of football at an early age. When he was offered a scholarship to play for Florida Atlantic, it gave him the chance to follow in his fathers footsteps of playing football at the collegiate level.

Full Entry
Back to the top

Re: Jeff VanCamp is Poised and Confident

The kid's got a cannon, I was impressed with what I saw from him during last week's scrimmage. It's really a shame we'll only have him for a year as a starter but from the way everything looks right now, Kooi and Wilbert are nowhere near ready yet.
Back to the top

Re: Poised and Confident

TeamBeer said

The kid's got a cannon, I was impressed with what I saw from him during last week's scrimmage. It's really a shame we'll only have him for a year as a starter but from the way everything looks right now, Kooi and Wilbert are nowhere near ready yet.

Jeff's a very nice young man…very humble…very friendly…he's setting himself up nicely…not the same player from a year ago by any means from what he has shown this year in camp…
Back to the top

Re: Jeff VanCamp is Poised and Confident

Jeff Van Camp is Poised and Confident

TeamBeer said

Yeah, but that Wilbert kid has a cannon. I saw hit rope a TD towards the end of Sunday's practice that was nice

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Jeff has definitely stepped it up.

Both Kooi & Wilbert have shown improvement from a year ago - that is very good to see.
Back to the top

Bytor said

Jeff has definitely stepped it up.

Both Kooi & Wilbert have shown improvement from a year ago - that is very good to see.

I agree except I've seen Wilbert play so little that it's hard to tell if he's progressed.

Kooi generally runs the scout teams. He played a lot during the scrimmage. Physically Kooi looks more like a TE… tall and skinny. Wilbert looks more like a quarterback but he's going to have to work harder if he wants to be #2 next year.
Back to the top

Until they play in a game situation...there is no way to know what kind of progress has been made or how good a football player they are.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Jeff Van Camp is Poised and Confident

walty12 said

Until they play in a game situation…there is no way to know what kind of progress has been made or how good a football player they are.

This weekend will be the litmus test…….
Back to the top

Re: Jeff Van Camp is Poised and Confident

He showed poise in a pressure situation on Saturday…not an easy position to have been put in.  Jeff handled it pretty well and now will be the true test…being a starter.

Something he has worked and positioned himself in getting that chance and here it is a year early.  I

Good Luck to Jeff and to a speedy recovery by Rusty.
Back to the top
Control functions: