Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pre-season Camp Day 10...

The Owls got in a complete practice and was coming off the field when a cooling shower began.

It was a routine practice with position workouts. The final segments were blitz, 7-on-7, and team.

“We will get guys back tomorrow and it will be a different practice,” said Howard Schnellenberger. “Right now the defense continues to contest every pass which is giving me some confidence.”

FAU will move into their 11th day of preseason camp on Wednesday take the field at 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Pre-season Camp Day 10...

There's a good possibility that we may not have a worse defense than last year - as was predicted - but actually a better defense. I'm most impressed with their speed. There aren't too many plays where the offense has good separation. They're there. Austin Jensen is going to make some noise as a starting safety. He just has a knack for interceptions the way Polo did in his freshman year.
Back to the top

Pre-season Camp Day 10...

owlcountry said

There's a good possibility that we may not have a worse defense than last year - as was predicted - but actually a better defense. I'm most impressed with their speed. There aren't too many plays where the offense has good separation. They're there. Austin Jensen is going to make some noise as a starting safety. He just has a knack for interceptions the way Polo did in his freshman year.

The defense does show the potential they have - the key will be to limiting mistakes.  Doesn't take much to turn a game around - remember MTSU, last 4 minutes.
Back to the top

Our defense wasn't very good last year so an improvement is expected, they can't get much worse!

Didn't Jensen move to the 2 squad yesterday? Just a shake up move to get him to compete harder? I thought he looked pretty good in the scrimmage and have been keeping an eye on him since last year but remember reading that another guy was moved into his spot.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Our defense wasn't very good last year so an improvement is expected, they can't get much worse!

Didn't Jensen move to the 2 squad yesterday? Just a shake up move to get him to compete harder? I thought he looked pretty good in the scrimmage and have been keeping an eye on him since last year but remember reading that another guy was moved into his spot.

Believe there are some "head games" going on…  ;D
Back to the top

Figures…whatever you've gotta do to get them motivated! HS has been doing this longer than I've been coaching from my desk chair so I'll trust him on this one.
Back to the top

Still a few weeks out from the season so there is a lot of time to shuffle the depth chart and we might even have a few surprises come Sept. 5.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: