Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Band Update...

Spoke with one of the horn players last night after practice,  and he said that the band has upped it's numbers by about 10 over last year

Good to hear!

FAUTuba, or FAUFasho, can you guys give us some hard details??
Back to the top

Re: Band Update...

Any of them ex-FIU band members?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Hmmm…good question Illinios…….
Back to the top

Hey..havent been on in a while..and now that I'm a FAU alumni I wont be in the band this season..boo..oh well it was a great 4 years. The band does seam to be slightly bigger, though I am unsure if they have hit their "Operation 100" mark or not. I spoke to some of my friends and learned that the first show this year is a Motown show with Jackson 5, Supremes, and Temptations songs. 
Back to the top

We are at about 80-85 members and we usually pick up more during the first week of school. We will be performing today at Fanfest. :) We have been having band camp this past week from about 7:30am to 8:00pm. Our first show is going to be a Motown show and we will also be doing 4 more shows this season including a Halloween show, a Who show and a Ska show.

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!

AEA
Back to the top

Nice look forward to getting a look out there today! :)
Back to the top

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Hmmm…good question Illinios…….

I don't think so..but we do have their Percussion instructor who is also a University of Washington alumni just like the previous two were…weird.
Back to the top

The Band did a GREAT job today at Fan Fest...loud and proud, as always!
Back to the top

Saw and heard them on the vid yeasterday, great job!!!!!! And it is so cool to have sooooo manyyyyyy cheerleaders this year. That will make the game a lot of fun too. Poor FIU, they just don't get it. You are not just selling the game but the total game experience!
Back to the top

Band Update...

Operation 100 sounds good....just wondering because I have no clue...how many band members does a large program like FSU or UF have?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: