Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PBP: FAU signs Navy for Home and Home series, and is working on Ohio State....

FAU adds Navy to football schedule; negotiating with Ohio State | FAU Focus blog: Florida Atlantic University Owls sports | The Palm Beach Post

The Owls have scheduled a home-and-home with Navy in 2012 and 2017 and are working on a contract with Ohio State.

The first game with Navy will be in Annapolis with the Midshipmen coming to South Florida five years later. The game against the Buckeyes would be no earlier than 2012.

The home-and-home is part of AD Craig Angelos’ blueprint for future schedules. Angelos would like to have two revenue games (like Nebraska and South Carolina this season), two home-and-home series (one home and one away each year) to go with the eight Sun Belt games.

That would give FAU five home games, seven road games and about $2 million to help balance the budget each season.

VERY cool.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: PBP: FAU signs Navy for Home and Home series, and is working on Ohio State....

owlfamily said

FAU adds Navy to football schedule; negotiating with Ohio State | FAU Focus blog: Florida Atlantic University Owls sports | The Palm Beach Post

The Owls have scheduled a home-and-home with Navy in 2012 and 2017 and are working on a contract with Ohio State.

The first game with Navy will be in Annapolis with the Midshipmen coming to South Florida five years later. The game against the Buckeyes would be no earlier than 2012.

The home-and-home is part of AD Craig Angelos’ blueprint for future schedules. Angelos would like to have two revenue games (like Nebraska and South Carolina this season), two home-and-home series (one home and one away each year) to go with the eight Sun Belt games.

That would give FAU five home games, seven road games and about $2 million to help balance the budget each season.

VERY cool.

WOW! I'm excited.. That means Dirty Bird Road Trip to Columbus Ohio and the Horseshoe!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: PBP: FAU signs Navy for Home and Home series, and is working on Ohio State....

That's kind of funny because I just read somewhere, FIU was trying to workout games with Ohio State. Guess we beat them to the punch, at least for now.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

That's kind of funny because I just read somewhere, FIU was trying to workout games with Ohio State. Guess we beat them to the punch, at least for now.

Well, they may still beat us to the punch since nothing is solidified yet. Plus they have a stadium right now with plans to expand to 45k probably by the time of a home OSU game in Miami.

I just texted my friend who grew up a huge Ohio State fan (also an FAU fan) and she said "they'll probably travel. They play at lots of non-conference places." So there's hope, especially since OSU undoubtedly wants to recruit from South Florida like everyone else.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Owlando said

Well, they may still beat us to the punch since nothing is solidified yet. Plus they have a stadium right now with plans to expand to 45k probably by the time of a home OSU game in Miami.

I just texted my friend who grew up a huge Ohio State fan (also an FAU fan) and she said "they'll probably travel. They play at lots of non-conference places." So there's hope, especially since OSU undoubtedly wants to recruit from South Florida like everyone else.

OSU also travels REALLY well. They'll probably outnumber us. OSU fans are awesome, especially if you tell them you hate Michigan

Back to the top

This keeps getting more exciting everyday.  I can't wait to be able to tell my sons when were sitting in a BCS game on national TV that his mother and I have been there since Slippery Rock. (BTW they are 4 & 2 so I have built in plenty of time I hope)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

This keeps getting more exciting everyday.  I can't wait to be able to tell my sons when were sitting in a BCS game on national TV that his mother and I have been there since Slippery Rock. (BTW they are 4 & 2 so I have built in plenty of time I hope)
Dusky, you couldn't have said it any better.

We can all look back 10, 15, 20 years from now and say "we were a part of it." And for most of us on this board, we weren't just fans, but intimatly involved, albeit it employed by FAU, a student in student government, a very active alumni, etc.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

dusky256fc said

Dusky, you couldn't have said it any better.

We can all look back 10, 15, 20 years from now and say "we were a part of it." And for most of us on this board, we weren't just fans, but intimatly involved, albeit it employed by FAU, a student in student government, a very active alumni, etc.

I agree Smitty, we've all done our part even if it's just buying season tickets and showing up to bonfires to support the school. Current students see that we have a good alumni fan base and that they will 1 day become a part of that too.

The next step now is to beat one of those teams. Will it be this year or in 2012 who knows? We are well on our way and once that shovel hits the ground for the stadium the big recruits will flock to FAU

Back to the top

PBP: FAU signs Navy for Home and Home series, and is working on Ohio State....

I agree as well.

I made a post on Teds blog stating a similar theme.

We will ALL be able to say that we were here, when FAU played in a warehouse district, when only a few thousand showed up to games, etc…..

Its not often you have a chance to be on the ground floor of something like this.

I wasnt at the bonfire, but it sure looked like a nice sized crowd and as stated lots of students.  Thats the key. Get those kids involved and when they move out and make in the world they will remember what a great time they had and support the program.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Speaking of…
The University of the Incarnate Word (UIW; San Antonio, TX) kicks off our inaugural football game tomorrow night at 7 p.m. CT. Our DII school is opening against Monterrey Tech (Mexico), who has won several Mexico National Championships. :/

Wish us luck!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: