Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

where to watch the Nebraska game?

Is there an official watch party at any one place..Thanks in advance.
Back to the top

Re: where to watch the Nebraska game?

The official watch party is at the Duffy's in Deerfield Beach

Back to the top

Bytor said

Wonder how this is all going to shake out with three watch parties.

Older alum and Athletics at Duffy's, students at Coyote Jack's, Dirty Birds and friends at The Lodge… sound about right?
Back to the top

Is Ale House showing it?
Back to the top

where to watch the Nebraska game?

owlcountry said

Bytor said

Wonder how this is all going to shake out with three watch parties.

Older alum and Athletics at Duffy's, students at Coyote Jack's, Dirty Birds and friends at The Lodge… sound about right?

Where you going Owlcountry??
Back to the top

I thought the Dbirds were going to be at Ale House, no?
Back to the top

Which place has the best TV/Public viewing areas.  I'm there to see the game first of all and the beer/food is secondadry.  So far the best fan/tv expecience has been at the Ale house up north during the Bowl Game last year.
I have not been to the Duffys or Lodge so i might check one of them out this time.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I thought the Dbirds were going to be at Ale House, no?

Originally we were going to go to Ale House but they aren't showing the game and they wanted $1,000 up front to watch the game. Obviously none of us are going to give them $1,000 lol. We are going to The Lodge Beer & Grill in Boca.

It's where the old Chee Burger Chee Burger used to be on Federal Hwy, just past palmetto. If anyone needs any more info, please PM me

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Alum05 said

Which place has the best TV/Public viewing areas.  I'm there to see the game first of all and the beer/food is secondadry.  So far the best fan/tv expecience has been at the Ale house up north during the Bowl Game last year.
I have not been to the Duffys or Lodge so i might check one of them out this time.

I'll answer your question objectivly as possible as I have no staked interest in either location:

Duffys Deerfield: big open building, with TVs all over the place and built like a restaurant more than a bar. The food is decent and there is usually a good crowd of alums and since it's the official watch party, they have the game on many of the TVs as well as the audio playing. The downside as I see it is if you're going with more than 3 other people you run into the issue of seating. The place isn't really condusive to standing around and watching the game so if you don't have a seat, you're just floating around. I've been to many a watch party here and have never felt comfortable. It makes me yearn for the old Duffys in Boca, because even though that room got really hot, it was a blast to be packed in there with JUST FAU fans, not some guys that want to watch Ohio State on one of our tvs.

The Lodge: pretty cool bar with a great "lodgy" atmosphere. GREAT beer selection, and also great food. It's a smallish place, but could be perfect to watch the game, if it's not too crowded. Only two bathrooms and the last times I've been there, the AC wasn't working which makes it a terrible place to be! I'd venture to guess the crowd here will be a little more rowdy than at Duffys. (if you go there, get a burger with their take on sweet potato fries, excellent stuff)

So there you have it, TeamBeer's guide to watch parties in the South Palm Beach/North Broward area.
Back to the top

Does anyone know if Duffy's in Plantation will be showing the game?

Back to the top
Control functions: