Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Our local PalmBeachPost Sun Belt Prediction? He has FAU in 4th, ASU 1st Place??

Our local PalmBeachPost Sun Belt Prediction? He has FAU in 4th, ASU 1st Place??

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/08/30/0828fau_sunbelt.html

Methinks Tom DAngelo doesn't read up much on the teams he is covering.  Only writer in the nation (that I've read) to put Troy in 2nd and FAU in 4th.  This guy comes way out of left field.

Florida Atlantic Owls football season preview: Sizing up the Sun Belt

By TOM D'ANGELO

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, August 30, 2009

1. Arkansas State: Big talent in QB Corey Leonard and DE Alex Carrington.

2. Troy: Trojans have won 18 of 21 conference games and plenty of returning skill players.

3. Louisiana-Lafayette: Experienced O-line will help break in new QB and running backs.

4. FAU: Defensive leaders Josh Savidge and Ed Alexander need others to step up.

5. Florida International: The Panthers are experienced on offense and have questions on defense. (Sound familiar, FAU fans?)

6. Middle Tennessee: The offense returns 10 starters, including five receivers with at last 25 catches each, but QB is a question.

7. Louisiana-Monroe: Next to last in total offense and total defense last season.

8. Western Kentucky: Biggest needs are a quality quarterback and running backs.

9. North Texas: The not-so Mean Green is 1-13 in the conference the past two seasons.
Back to the top

Re: Our local PalmBeachPost Sun Belt Prediction? He has FAU in 4th, ASU 1st Place??

ULL 3rd?  Because of an experienced OLine?  That offsets a new QB and RB…and the fact that they weren't all that great last year?

This is why I hate pre-season predictions…most of these guys have no clue.  Let's just start the season already!
Back to the top

Re: Our local PalmBeachPost Sun Belt Prediction? He has FAU in 4th, ASU 1st Place??

As Flounder says in Animal House "This is Great!".

Our own local paper picks us fourth in conference, talk about disrespecting our players and Howard!

Just gives them more to prove wrong, GO OWLS, kick lots of ass this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

No disrespect to anyone, but Tom D'Angelo is an idiot. His opinion matters to me as much of those of the FIU fans.

He writes 3 articles the entire summer, he has NO DESIRE to cover FAU. He used to cover FSU so to him this is kind of like a demotion, he puts forth a half-assed effort.

I respect the opinions of people on this message board and I respect the opinion of Ted Hutton because of how much he covers this team, not the opinion of some writer who could care less about FAU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

POST IT IN THE LOCKER ROOM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

This is what happens when a guy with an ego feels he is "demoted" to covering FAU when his paper makes some cutbacks…. Classy way to handle the new assignment. Maybe he would have a different opinion if he actually showed up to a practice or two

I have underarm hair thicker than the Post nowadays. That paper is going down hill….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: