Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Nebraska Game Weather

The Weather Channel has not posted its hour-by-hour forecast for Lincoln for Saturday. But its 10-day forecast offers this for game day:

[Kickoff is at 6 p.m. local time (CDT)]

High76, Low 60. Isolated T-Storms (30% chance). Sunset 7:52 p.m. Max humidity 76% day, 90% night. Winds from SE at 12mph (day), from SSE at 9 (night).

I know the Owls are accustomed to South Florida humidity. But I recall that they had some cramping problems when they opened at Kansas on a hot Midwestern evening a few years ago…
Back to the top

Re: Nebraska Game Weather

Nebraska Game Weather

If it rains they will crush us.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

They are good mudders. Let's be sure to bring enough footballs, just in case. (Remember Michigan State?)
Back to the top

NO RAIN...please.
Back to the top

Rick said

NO RAIN…please.

Yeah, maybe with Morris at RB we wouldn't be as bad…but in the past with a QB that airs it out and 190 lb scat backs, the rain has just made us an awful football team.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

"but in the past with a QB that airs it out and 190 lb scat backs, the rain has just made us an awful football team."

Walty, this may qualify as an official quote?? :D
Back to the top

I am with Walty on this one. I have seen FAU wilt in the rain and cold too many times.

They are not going to be able to run much against this Nebraska D. That Suh is the real deal. They need to pass to open up the run.

Morris is a big upgrade over the scatbacks that would go down with one swat, but he will need some room, and if the Huskers can stack the box, daylight is going to be as hard to find as FAU fans in Memorial Stadium.

FAU Owls Blog - Latest Owls News, Video & More - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Florida Atlantic University: FAU Owls news, stats, schedules, photos and more - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Back to the top

Ted said

I am with Walty on this one. I have seen FAU wilt in the rain and cold too many times.

They are not going to be able to run much against this Nebraska D. That Suh is the real deal. They need to pass to open up the run.

Morris is a big upgrade over the scatbacks that would go down with one swat, but he will need some room, and if the Huskers can stack the box, daylight is going to be as hard to find as FAU fans in Memorial Stadium.

Florida Atlantic University: FAU Owls news, stats, schedules, photos and more - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Welcome aboard Teddy! lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Ted said

Rainy nights are not optimal conditions for a shootout. This is the only way we make it a tight game…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

76 degrees is not hot anywhere,  so cramping due to heat and humidity should be ok. And Nebraska has artificial turf called FIELD TURF, so mud won't be a problem either. But please do bring 50 balls as it may be wet, that was plain stupid of us!

Let's line up and play the game and stop looking for reasons or excuses to why Nebraska beat us. Who knows, this could be OUR DAY (note; I personnally think it will come in Columbia, S.C. though).
Back to the top
Control functions: