Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs Nebraska- Predicitions!

Game Week!

Time to put your money where your mouth is so to speak and pick the game.

Heres my take:

FAU vs Nebraska

FAU should have the offense to put up points on Nebraska, and the defense has matured enough in the spring and camp to keep it close for 2 quarters or so. A pass rush has finally developed from a few, and we have found a RB to replace Charless Pierre and Edegecomb.

Nebraska is ranked #22 in the nation, but is featureing a rookie QB. They also recently lost thier #2 RB by being kicked off the team for breaking team rules. Still should be able to move the ball. They have a MONSTER in Suh who will get pressure on the owls.

Prediciton,

Rusty Smith and his Co. of WR/TE/FB haven enough gas to score, but the D just isnt there yet. FAU keeps it close and gets some points in 1st half, but the horses just arent there and Nebraska pulls away in the late 3rd, 4th quarter.

Score.

Nebraska 41
FAU-21

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FAU vs Nebraska- Predicitions!

FAU 35 - Nebraska 56

I just don't think our defense is ready for this yet, it will be a great wake up call to prepare them for the rest of the season but if we don't watch the RUN it may just be higher!!!
Back to the top

Unfortunately I don't think this year we pull off an upset of a major BCS opponent (Sorry Minnesota you don't count lol)

Nebraska - 45
FAU - 17

With Gornall back there kicking instead of Warley, Howard will try and get at least a FG on the first drive of the game if we can't punch it in. We were able to move the ball against UF and against Texas. If we can move the ball vs. them we can move the ball vs. Nebraska

If years past have taught us anything, the first drive of the game for us against a BCS opponent is VERY IMPORTANT. Vs. Texas we drove down the field and almost scored, bad snap over Rusty's head then results in a separated shoulder.

Vs. Florida we drive down the field and then it was intercepted.

Vs. Michigan State I believe it was the holding call on Gent that prevented CP20 from scoring and then the rest was history and we couldn't do anything vs. them.

If we can score on the first drive of the game let them know we can move the ball then it may be closer than we all think

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

34-17 NU
Back to the top

I think most of us have expectations of losing this one, even though it would be great to see an upset and a surprise to us all, but does anyone here truly believe this is the game the owls pull off an upset to a top 25 team?

Back to the top

NCowl said

I think most of us have expectations of losing this one, even though it would be great to see an upset and a surprise to us all, but does anyone here truly believe this is the game the owls pull off an upset to a top 25 team?

While I dont guarantee a victory or anything stupid like that…if I were a Nebraska fan I would be a little nervous for this game.  In my opinion we are honestly more talented at almost every skill position and a wayyyy more experienced team, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Remember they have a green QB and its the first game of the season…the potential for crazy things to happen is there.  Anybody remember the UCF vs. Texas game in 07?  This matchup reminds me a lot of that….

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Nebraska-45

Florida Atlantic-27

I'd like to think our guys can keep it interesting till mid-way through the 3rd.  However, I thought we had a good chance of giving Texas a good game as well.  Only time shall tell.
Back to the top

FAU moves the ball early and Morris turns some heads with his ability. In the end FAU will get worn down. I don't see an untested Nebraska offense putting up a lot of points even against FAU's untested defense. I think the Nebraska defense wins this one for them.

Nebraska 31 FAU 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

First game predictions are always difficult.  You never really know what you have until you actually see it in real game situations.

Hopefully the Owls show they can score some points.  In the end, I don't think we have the kind of depth required to compete late into the game.

42-17 Nebraska, but we take away the knowledge of what we need to work on for the remainder of the season.

Back to the top

FAU vs Nebraska- Predicitions!

FAU 33
Nebraska 30

I only see us winning this game is if we get Nebraska into a shootout and our offense is hot……

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: