Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Athletics Adds Jared Smith to Media Relations Staff

Add topic

FAU Athletics Adds Jared Smith to Media Relations Staff

Florida Atlantic University’s Athletics Department has announced the hiring of Jared Smith as its assistant director of media relations and web development.

Smith will handle the administration of the Owls’ Athletics web site, www.fausports.com, and serve as the primary media contact for men’s soccer, women’s basketball and baseball.  Smith also will serve as the play-by-play announcer for women’s basketball and baseball.

Prior to joining the FAU staff, Smith served as the broadcast and media relations assistant for the Trenton Thunder Baseball Club, the Double-A Eastern League Affiliate of the New York Yankees.  He also spent time as an athletic assistant at Richard Stockton College in Pomona, New Jersey.

Smith, a native of New York City, graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor’s degree in journalism in May 2008.

Source: FAU Media Relations

Back to the top

Re: FAU Athletics Adds Jared Smith to Media Relations Staff

As long as his nickname isn't Smitty! (*last name Smith*) I'll like the guy! LOL. Welcome aboard!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

For a second there I thought it was the Jarrid Smith of Football and Seminole tribe fame!
Back to the top

Initially, so did i!
Back to the top
Control functions: