Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Whales Rib on Food Network Tonight

Add topic

Any of you locals that appreciate the fabulous joint that is The Whales Rib in Deerfield Beach will be happy to know they made the show Diners Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network and first airing of that episode will be on tonight at 10pm.

Give  me a basket of rock shrimp, some whale fries with whale juice and I'm in heaven!

And if you haven't been there before, good luck getting a table now!!! ha ha
Back to the top

Re: The Whales Rib on Food Network Tonight

TeamBeer said

Any of you locals that appreciate the fabulous joint that is The Whales Rib in Deerfield Beach will be happy to know they made the show Diners Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network and first airing of that episode will be on tonight at 10pm.

Give  me a basket of rock shrimp, some whale fries with whale juice and I'm in heaven!

Awesome place, awesome name. Speaking of food, did you know you get 15% off the check at Mellow Mushroom in Delray with an Owl Card?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

TeamBeer said

Awesome place, awesome name. Speaking of food, did you know you get 15% off the check at Mellow Mushroom in Delray with an Owl Card?

Owl Card as in the Alumni Card or Student ID?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

My wife mentioned that to me the last time she went there she just couldn't remember the date, I love this message board.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Owl Card as in the Alumni Card or Student ID?

Student ID but I'd try and flash them the Alumni Card too as they probably wouldn't know the difference.
Back to the top

The Whales Rib on Food Network Tonight

dusky256fc said

My wife mentioned that to me the last time she went there she just couldn't remember the date, I love this message board.

:D  8)

The Whales Rib, never been.  Where in Deerfield & are afternoons a good time to go - sounds like a place I have to try.  Whats the atmosphere like?
Back to the top

Bytor said

dusky256fc said

:D   8)

The Whales Rib, never been.  Where in Deerfield & are afternoons a good time to go - sounds like a place I have to try.  Whats the atmosphere like?

It's actually really good. It's on Hillsboro and A1A. You can park in the garage next to Brus Room and the follow the road up towards the beach (you'll pass 7-11). There's parking in front but it is very hard to find a spot. There's also a Flanigans right next door, and a ben and jerry's around the corner.

Never been there during the afternoon but I imagine it would still be just as good. If you like clam chowder there's is excellent

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Bytor said

dusky256fc said

:D   8)

If you go in the afternoon you might be able to find a spot in front, but there aren't many.

I'm a HUGE fan of the rock shrimp if you can't tell, get em, love em and thank me later. They're like little mini lobsters!

It's definitely one of those local joints that you have to check out sometime
Back to the top

I loved the 'rib when I lived there.  The rock shrimp were awesome, but the whole atmosphere was cool.  The fried oysters were good too.  In the afternoons it was kinda like a "cheers" type place full of locals.  Actually in that little stretch there are a bunch of great restaurants, Kahuna's was always a favorite, flannigans, Rattlesnake jakes, and the two Italian places.  All good food.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: