Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

And we're back to zero NFL Owls again...

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: Placed cornerback Don Carey on injured reserve; waived tight end Tyler Lorenzen, defensive tackle Jervonte Jackson …

>:(
Back to the top

Re: And we're back to zero NFL Owls again...

Why would they sign a player, just to waive them less than a week later?

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I saw this coming. He didn't even play in the pre-season game. Knew it was only a matter of time

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

And we're back to zero NFL Owls again...

Jab979 said

I saw this coming. He didn't even play in the pre-season game. Knew it was only a matter of time

So then WHY sign him? I dont get that at all.  ???

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Jab979 said

So then WHY sign him? I dont get that at all.  ???

To build a database of potential players in the event of large numbers of injuries.  It costs them peanuts to sign FA's in the preseason.  They probably have a list of 20 players at every position they can go to during the season, if needed.  They bring them in, let them see the system briefly and then cut them.  Now if there is an emergency, they have a list of people they can go to quickly based on seeing them practice a few days.  Not surprising at all.

Back to the top

This sucks.  Just like Joesph didn't even have a chance to play and show what they can do.  This better change with Rusty and this class. If not I don't know what gives.
Back to the top

>:(  >:(  >:(
Back to the top

I still think Frantz will pop up soon...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: