Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy about to fall to Bowling Green

Troy about to fall to Bowling Green

Bowling Green just returned an INT for a TD late in the 4th and now lead by 17 points. I've been watching the 2nd half on line.  Not a very impressive outing by what some thought was going to be Troy's best team ever.  Now, it's only one game, but Troy sure doesn't look as strong as they have in year's past.  Bowling Green was able to pressure their QB all night and they couldn't stop the Falcons passing attack.  Tough start for Troy.

And just for the record, one of their players picked up personal foul for a late hit out of bounds.  After last year, I thought that only our "thug" players did things like that.  Troy's players are supposed to be "classier" then that….guess not.
Back to the top

Re: Troy about to fall to Bowling Green

Ugly night for the trojans,

I was chatting with them a bit and have some good new for us.

Thier secondary is PORUS. Bowling Greens TE's had a field day.

Bodes well for FAU's pass attack.

Needed them to win for the Belt respect, but exposing this weakness is HUGE for us.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Done deal.  31-14.  Wow…….

May be time for this:

[move]OVER-RATED…..OVER-RATED…..[/move]
Back to the top

Who knows what will happen in SBC play, but everyone should know by now...Beware of the curse of the Sun Belt favorite!
Back to the top

UNT wins as well…20-10…….

Looks like the Pick Em' is off to a rocky start for most! ;D

UNT??  Totally surprised by the defense only giving up 10 points…
Back to the top

Rick said

UNT wins as well…20-10…….

Looks like the Pick Em' is off to a rocky start for most! ;D

UNT??  Totally surprised by the defense only giving up 10 points…

Yeah, the pregame analyst said he expected Ball State to score at least 50….sounds like he is one of the guys that picks us 4th in the Belt.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Those were the same guys that said to tune into the Boise St Oregon game on ESPN right after because it was going to be a massive shootout, one of the guys predicted 57-54 for the final of that one....the only exciting part of that game was the big KO at the end of the game.
Back to the top

Ball St. lost everything, why else would Hoke and his staff move from a nationally ranked team to San Diego St.  A lateral move at best  to some, a step backward to most (SD ST. has not had a decent team in years!). North Texas played good but that was not a test at all. They gained over 500 yards yet only score 2 TD's and they still only won by 10.
Back to the top

Money quote from the Trojan Board

"We just did not learn the lesson that FAU showed us last year."

Lesson - In the Sun Belt its best to bash your team all summer long.  Everyone bashed on North Texas and held Troy on high.  Lets just hope we bashed our Owls enough for them to go out there and win!

GO OWLS! STOMP THE HUSKERS!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: