Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troy whipped by Bowling Green!

Awful start for Troy and the Belt, being dominated in the 2nd half by a MAC mid level team.

Final 14-31, with Trojans giving up 31 straight points and unable to hold or build on a 14-0 lead.

The entire conference is going to be looking at this game film. Looks like the door may be open for the Owls IF we play to our potential!
Back to the top

Re: Troy whipped by Bowling Green!

Hmm….kinda torn.  Bad for the Belt, but gives us hope.  Was this at Troy or BG?
Back to the top

Oddly enough UNT is beating the MAC champ Ball State right now.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

@ BG and I agree to being torn, glad Troy does not seem too great but the Belt takes another rep hit with our nearly unanimous pre-season pick going down badly. So much for them being a BCS buster! At least we got dominated by Texas last year when our bubble bust, not BG!
Back to the top

NT playing some good D too! But Ball State lost almost everything. That is why Hoke bailed and took the money and ran to San Diego St. no less! Definately not a big time upward move, that alone should indicate the type of year Ball State will have this year!
Back to the top

Nevermind, Ball State just tied it up.

Back to the top

I posted a thread about this on the SBC board.  I was watching the 2nd half of the game online.  Troy was not impressive at all.  For what was called by some "the best Troy team ever", looked slower and much less athletic then in years past.  BG was able to get to the QB all night and the Troy secondary was TERRIBLE.  Now, I don't know anything about BG, but I think I can safely assume that our skill position players are better then theirs, so we should have some success against those guys.  It is only one game, but certainly not a good way to start the season for Troy.  Now they have UF next….good luck with that.
Back to the top

Must admit I am surprised by this.

But Troy did lose a couple DBs late due to grades (imagine that!).

Not good for the Sun Belt to have preseason favorite bomb out to Bowling Green. This should have been an easy win. North Texas was ahead of Ball State, which would balance this out.
Back to the top

Ted said

Must admit I am surprised by this.

But Troy did lose a couple DBs late due to grades (imagine that!).

Not good for the Sun Belt to have preseason favorite bomb out to Bowling Green. This should have been an easy win. North Texas was ahead of Ball State, which would balance this out.

Nice to see you posting here Ted!

UNT just scored to take the lead over what I can only imagine is a putrid Ball State team (sorry David Letterman).

Troy losing certainly isn't good for the Belt, but if tonight was any indication of what Troy will be on the field this season, it is good news for the Owls.  From what I saw, BG is a decent team, but no better then an average SBC squad.

Anyway, this will be a very interesting year!
Back to the top

Troy whipped by Bowling Green!

Hemi Man is probably breathing into a paperbag.  ;D

Back to the top
Control functions: