Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN proves its stupidity....again

Add topic

Watching the Boise State - Oregon game and the commentator has the balls to drop this gem

"Boise State might be able to beat a BCS team on a week but I don't think they have what it takes to beat them week in and week out"

OK he might be able to justify this statement, right now at least but then sinks his argument when he says

"Just looking at talent, and using the number of players that have been drafted since 2000, they just don't have the talent to compete in a BCS conference"

DEEP BREATH…

He is comparing apples to oranges.  How the heck is a WAC team supposed to recruit as much talent as a PAC-10 team??  When you have to tell your potential recruits that it is absolutely impossible for them to ever play in a National Championship game OF COURSE the talent level drops.  USF is the biggest case in point in history of how everything changes when you are in a BCS conference.  They jump to the Big East (barely a BCS conference most years..) and suddenly sky rocket to #2 in the nation.  Now that they can tell recruits that they can play in a national championship, of course the talent level changes.

If Boise State moved over to a realigned PAC-10 of course it would be able to compete….these ESPN commentators are talking out of their rears.

CONFERENCE EQUALITY NOW!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: ESPN proves its stupidity....again

Most have the BCS mentality  and nothing else matters.
Back to the top

ESPN proves its stupidity....again

Once again... why the BCS SUCKS!
Back to the top

Bob Davie said all that…there is a reason Bob Davie is broadcasting and not coaching…he doesn't know much about foobtall.  Ohio State is head and shoulders above every other program since 1999 and all we hear is how they lose because they are too slow…last time I checked slow players dont go to the NFL.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: