Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Don't know if anyone saw the end of the Oregon/Boise State game

Add topic

But a player for Oregon punching a player from Boise in the jaw and knocking him on his @$$….Ouch!…….Not a good way for the Ducks to start their season.  Expect a harsh suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaswbYnf8Sc
Back to the top

Re: Don't know if anyone saw the end of the Oregon/Boise State game

Didn't see it last night, but ESPN was all over it  :P

It will be interesting to see how the NCAA & Oregon deal with this.
Back to the top

The said

But a player for Oregon punching a player from Boise in the jaw and knocking him on his @$$….Ouch!…….Not a good way for the Ducks to start their season.  Expect a harsh suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaswbYnf8Sc

Not anymore: "Video has been removed by user"

Anyway, I did see the middle half of that game but fell asleep when the score was 19-8 Boise State. Woke up and checked the scoreboard… didn't change. BS made Oregon look like crap.

Or maybe it was Oregon's stupid uniforms that made them look like crap. It's probably a little of both.
Back to the top

Ok heres my take on the punch…

The Oregon RB Blount was walking through a sea of celebrating Boise State players at the end of the game and the idiot from Boise St first jaws at him a little then after Blount walks past him, without doing anything, Hout smacks him on the shoulder pad, continuing to antagonize him. At which point Blount caught him square on the jaw, for what I think he deserved.

Not because I agree with violence to solve problems, bla bla bla, BUT you have to pay the piper sometimes and that kid from Boise is an idiot for thinking you can do what he did without any repercussions. Blount should be suspended, and he will be. Sadly, Hout won't get anything for what he did but I think he learned a valuable lesson, don't start s*it with someone that can kick your ass.

At the end of the day, Blount hurts Oregon in many ways, and he should have just walked away BUT you can't say that Hout didn't deserve it. I dunno, maybe that's just the hockey player in me coming out.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Ok heres my take on the punch…

The Oregon RB Blount was walking through a sea of celebrating Boise State players at the end of the game and the idiot from Boise St first jaws at him a little then after Blount walks past him, without doing anything, Hout smacks him on the shoulder pad, continuing to antagonize him. At which point Blount caught him square on the jaw, for what I think he deserved.

Not because I agree with violence to solve problems, bla bla bla, BUT you have to pay the piper sometimes and that kid from Boise is an idiot for thinking you can do what he did without any repercussions. Blount should be suspended, and he will be. Sadly, Hout won't get anything for what he did but I think he learned a valuable lesson, don't start s*it with someone that can kick your ass.

At the end of the day, Blount hurts Oregon in many ways, and he should have just walked away BUT you can't say that Hout didn't deserve it. I dunno, maybe that's just the hockey player in me coming out.

Blount was the player in the paper who said that they need to give Boise State an a** whooping. I don't know, but my guess is that Hout made mention of that comment to him. No excuse for the response by Blount in my opinion. If I am Oregon I suspend Blount for multiple games. It was a sucker punch, not a punch thrown in a scuffle with multiple players. If I am Boise State I make sure that Hout spends some extra time running after practice for his part in the event.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

A sucker punch is when you come up on someone and hit them when they're not expecting it, Hout should have been expecting to get punched for what he did. He didn't just talk trash (which is to be expected totally, because Blount did say that stuff in the paper) but he smacked him on the shoulder pads AFTER Blount didn't react to his first taunts.

Blount will be suspended, 3 games, maybe 6, all of which he deserves. With the money they're paying these kids, they should keep their cool in situations like that! :) However, Hout is an idiot to think that he's untouchable and there wouldn't be any repercussions for his actions-you don't poke a mean dog through the fence, just like you don't taunt AND hit a 6-2 240lb running back who's upset about a loss.
Back to the top

I was impressed by the control the other Boise State players exercised after seeing the sucker punch.  On many other teams, that would have been FIU/Miami all over agian.

Back to the top

Honestly, I think the Blount fiasco was the most entertaining part of that game.  Talk about not living up to the hype….
Back to the top

Hands down the best thing I've read about this all day:

From Deadspin.com

Is LeGarrette Blount a crazy hothead who deserves to be suspended? Absolutely. But isn't part of you a little bit pleased that he wiped that f'ing smirk off Byron Hout's face?

Congratulations to the American Football Coaches Association for dreaming up the brilliant PR gambit known as Sportsmanship Weekend. Getting two football teams who do not like each other to shake hands before the game really taught everyone a valuable lesson about the importance of fair play and respecting your opponent. Blount also wiped that idea right off the map, but let's not forget that it was Hout's equally egregious display of poor sportsmanship that sparked last night's incident.

As Hout passed Blount in the post-game celebration he pointed at Blount, clearly said something insulting, and then slapped him on the shoulder. The reason he didn't see the punch coming was because his own coach was pulling him aside to politely point out that he was being a jackass. Not to sound like a third-grader, but he started it and if anyone wants to cry about the need to eliminate this scourge from the game then that does matter.

Does that excuse Blount at all? No way. You've got be to bigger than that, especially later on when it was the fans who were doing the taunting. (Fans who should probably have kept their mouth shut too. Blount would have ripped them in half if they didn't have security to protect them.) He should be suspended for multiple games, but if Hout gets off with nothing but a sore jaw that'll be too bad.
Back to the top

Don't know if anyone saw the end of the Oregon/Boise State game

I don't think it's the punch that got Blount suspended, but rather his total lack of control afterwards.  Having to be restrained by the police?  Really??

That said, I think Boise should have suspended their guy for a game because he's not totally without fault in this.  And if they don't, then the NCAA should step in and sit him for a game.  And if *they* don't, then so much for the sportsmanship handshake.  Stupid idea anyway, and even more so if the NCAA just lets this go.
Back to the top
Control functions: