Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I had to walk out of the bar I was at because it was so embarrassing. Not one Nebraska fan said anything negative to me. They actually looked at me if I was serious, that I was actually an FAU fan. A few facts about this game. Not thoughts because there facts.

-I like Rusty Smith, never met the guy but think he's a good person with good intentions but he is not an NFL quarterback. When he plays Sunbelt teams he looks great but he has never been impressive vs. a descent team. He had all the time in the day and looked like crap. A mediocre college QB, that is it.

-Pathetic coaching to leave Vancamp in on 1st and goal. Why not just throw the towel in with 10 minutes left in the second quarter. He was lucky as hell to get that interception reversed.

-Defense back play like wimps. The first half Nebraska wasn't even trying. At least 5 plays Zack Lee could have run for the first down but only threw it because the offensive coordinator wanted to see what he could do. They gave 5 yards cushion on every play. I would not want to be in that film room come Monday.

-The offense was a joke. I don't know how out of sync they could be after playing together for the last five years. There's nothing anyone can say to justify the group. Grant was awful. The wide receivers looked slow. Harmon should have held onto that touchdown. Rose held his own and did a good job. Morris did fine. The offensive line did great. Rusty was just awful. You can't take the accolades if you can't handle the criticism.

-Keegan Peterson is a fucking joke. Did that get your attention? Good because it needs to get somebody's attention.

-I think the defensive line did a great job but its obvious there's no depth.

I really could not have been more disappointed. The team is nothing more then an average Sunblet team. They'll shine vs. WKU, look good vs. the Louisana's but there's now way they're even close to being a top 50 team.

What it comes down to is when they play each other, they have their moments to shine but they d-backs play like 8 year old girls and the offense was just pathetic.
Back to the top

Re: .

Step down from the ledge….

Look, it's quite obvious we aren't winning the Big 12 this season.  Oh well.

This game went pretty much as expected.  Sure, scoring some more points would be nice, but really what did you expect?  We just aren't at a point where we can reasonably expect to go into Nebraska and compete for a whole game.  No Sun Belt team can reasonably expect to do that.  The best thing to do is to take away the positives and move on to the next game.  Soon enough, we'll get into the important part of our schedule and this game will be a distant memory.
Back to the top

no way. I'm on the ledge. too much hype. ted hutton and rick have my panties in a bunch.

i didn't think we would win but 49-3 vs. the number 24 team in the country is unacceptable for the amount of press the team has gotten the last two plus years. that's what I'm annoyed about. that's 1aa material.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

no way. I'm on the ledge. too much hype. ted hutton and rick have my panties in a bunch.

i didn't think we would win but 49-3 vs. the number 24 team in the country is unacceptable for the amount of press the team has gotten the last two plus years. that's what I'm annoyed about. that's 1aa material.

2007:
@ OK. State - Lost 42-6
@ Kentucky - Lost 45-17

2008:
@ Texas - Lost 52-10
@ Michigan St. - Lost 17-0
@ Minnesota - Lost 37-3

And we have won 2 straight Bowl games….

We go on the road and lose to BCS teams by a lot…and what?  Our season goals don't change.  We want to win the SBC and get to a Bowl game.

Look, I'm not saying these games aren't important and that I wouldn't LOVE to compete better in them, but really they don't have any great impact on our season.  I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over a loss to a team that is clearly better then us in just about every imaginable way…and they should be seeing as how they have been playing football 100 years loner then us.  If we were losing to Wyoming or a SBC team 49-3, I'd be out there on the ledge with you, but we are competing with who we should be competing with at this point in our development. 
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I'm also frustrated, however let me point out some positives!  We dominated in a few areas but not in points (unfortunately) :P  The following is what gets me optimistic about 2009:

FAU                   NEB
First Downs                    22                             22
Time of Possession         32:10                        27:42
Total Yards                    358                           489
Passing Yards                 236                           231
Penalties                       67 Yards                    87 Yards
Rushing Yards                122                           259

The GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL!  GO OWLS!!

Back to the top

My biggest positive from the game…Alfred Morris.  The kid is the real deal.  He's going to be a monster in SBC play.

Back to the top

Exit39 said

I love Exit's passion…he brings it!

2 Live Crew Entry prior to response:

Hold on, wait a minute, let me put some bass in it:

I never said we would win this game…

34-17 (loss) - that's what i will stick by.

Ted said Nebraska 42, FAU 24 - no win either.

The line: 23 - so Vegas took a bath as well.

BUT, I hear you!!

Not the way anyone thought it would go…believe we all held in our "Heart of Hearts" that this would be a loss…but would still put some decent points up on the board.

The fact that we did not is truly dis-heartening.  >:(

AND, if, as you mentioned, we would have performed as expected on offense (minus the turnovers) that would "probably" be the outcome…….

Now, we have to Hope we do MUCH BETTER against SC.  No Hype.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

My biggest positive from the game…Alfred Morris.  The kid is the real deal.  He's going to be a monster in SBC play.

And Kevin Cyrille. Countless shots of Zac Lee gearing up to pass and Cyrille bearing down on him with arms outstretched.

Exit39 said

-Keegan Peterson is a ****ing joke. Did that get your attention? Good because it needs to get somebody's attention.

Agreed.
Back to the top

Hey Exit,

I feel your pain, I gave up a an expensive concert ticket to watch that train wreck.  The first half wasn't awful except for the lack of offensive.  I think you broke it down well but I think you are making it more important than it is.

I still believe we can compete with USC, I am not going to say win but the conference is still the main focus.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I can see Exit's frustration.  Trust me, nobody outside of South Florida is getting up this morning, looking at their newspapers like a color analyst and saying "Well, FAU did have almost 360 yards and took away some positives from the game."

No, they're seeing 49-3, and saying "Well, it's FIU, what did you expect?"

We're not even vaguely competitive against teams like this.  South Carolina probably will be no different.  I can't even say that I'm disappointed anymore.
Back to the top
Control functions: