Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VOTE: What is the "worst performance" in FAU Football History?

Exit39 said

I'm not off the bandwagon. I'm just tired of the hype and not proving it on the field. If we lost 35-24 I would be okay with it. But we put up three points. That's what I'm annoyed with. This was the first game of the season for both teams, with so many seasoned starters on offense i just don't think anyone can justify it.

I've said it before, when two team that are ranked 90th in the country, somebody has to win. Beating WKU doesn't make us good. I actually think this is was one the worst performances that I can remember in FAU football. That's something this site should poll. I think people need to be held accountable.

Agree!

Exit39 makes a valid point. "Expectations" were much higher than the resulting score of last night's game @ NU. And, for most, probably higher than any of the games included below for consideration.

What says you??

Back to the top

Re: VOTE: What is the "worst performance" in FAU Football History?

We'll all of them are pretty bad in there own respect.  I voted Nebraska just because it was most recent haha.
Back to the top

I think last years troy and middle tenn games were up there too.

I'm stuck on Nebraska. This should have been our best shot at showing up vs. a descent BCS team on the road.
Back to the top

The FIU loss has to be the worst. Losing big to Nebraska is one thing. You don't lose 52-6 to FIU..ever.
Back to the top

d-owl said

The FIU loss has to be the worst. Losing big to Nebraska is one thing. You don't lose 52-6 to FIU..ever.

Not ever.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Two Words: Valdosta State.

If you don't remember it, look it up.
Back to the top

Yeah, I thought about that Valdosta State game, but at least VSU was a great D-II team.

I picked FIU just because of what d-owl said.  That's just embarrassing.  It was a toss-up between that and the Texas game and Slippery Rock.  The expectations were so high, and we just stunk it up.
Back to the top

VOTE: What is the "worst performance" in FAU Football History?

Don't forget the home Div. 1-AA playoff loss to Colgate. That disappointing performance kept FAU out of the Div. 1-AA national title game that year.
Back to the top

Colgate came to mind, but the loss that set us back the most was Slippery Rock. There was a lot of excitement and anticipation before our first game, and there was a decent crowd at Pro Player. Then, many of our players were ineligible and we could only score once (and it was special teams, I think). Our first pick for QB, Jahn, barely made it a quarter before Allen had to come in.

Our first SBC game against NMSU (or was it ULM?) was also a big letdown. We were flying high before they humbled us.
Back to the top

Valdosta was definitely an embarrassing lost…at home.

I think a case can be made about several others.
Back to the top
Control functions: