Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

in other news to complain about

I'm not bashing the guy because I think he's great for fau sports. But when does Ted Hutton ever actually talk about football? Its more of a comedy show the based about football. It kind of reminds me of that old show "Coach" that was based on Michigan football but they never actually showed a play of football. Its all bobbleheads and fluff.

Ted, how about some x and o's? If you read this, I'm really not bashing you, I can say with certainty I've never missed a blog since you started. I may have not have read it on the day it was posted but still have gone back and read anyones I've missed.
Back to the top

Re: in other news to complain about

I think he does discuss X's and O's.  But in order to provide daily (sometimes more than once daily) coverage of the football team he has to provide color commentating.  And lets not forget that everything he writes is not on that blog…its supplemental to the writing he does that actually appears in the paper.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

i know, you need some fillers. I just hope to get an accurate assessment of what went down. the offense, why we didn't pressure their freshman linebackers, play calling, our cushioned db's. stuff like that.
Back to the top

I tend to think of it as: the article published in the paper is the X's and O's and the blog is about the adventure surrounding the game, you know… the airport, the town, the people. Since I've never been to half these places, I really enjoy pictures of the town, the bars, hotels, views from the stadium. I'm only disappointed if I don't see those. Throw up as many pictures of the DT and cleavage as you want, just show me the lay of the land as well.
Back to the top

Exit:
I try and provide something for everyone, which is not easy, but if you look in three different places, you hopefully will find it.
There is something in the print version of the S-S every day during football season. It has a mix of news and features – injury updates, something about the upcoming opponent, player and coach comments, etc. Also game advances, game stories, features, etc.
On the FAU website, there are extra stories – I did a series on individual players leading up the the game – Kevin Cyrille, Cortez Gent, Lavoris Williams, Malik Eugene, etc. They are still there if you want to take a look.
The blog is a mix of both, but obviously trends toward the lighter stuff. I avoid getting into too much Xs and Os there because I feel it is covered in the two previous places and I want it to be a place where the casual fan drops by.
I try and give fans a slice of life when on the road, and have fun with it, HBHD, prediction post, etc.
I also try and answer questions there, so if you have any particular X and O thing, ask away.
And I am always open to suggestions to try and make things better.
I have a thick skin, so don't be afraid.

/ ted

Back to the top

Ted said

Exit:
I try and provide something for everyone, which is not easy, but if you look in three different places, you hopefully will find it.
There is something in the print version of the S-S every day during football season. It has a mix of news and features – injury updates, something about the upcoming opponent, player and coach comments, etc. Also game advances, game stories, features, etc.
On the FAU website, there are extra stories – I did a series on individual players leading up the the game – Kevin Cyrille, Cortez Gent, Lavoris Williams, Malik Eugene, etc. They are still there if you want to take a look.
The blog is a mix of both, but obviously trends toward the lighter stuff. I avoid getting into too much Xs and Os there because I feel it is covered in the two previous places and I want it to be a place where the casual fan drops by.
I try and give fans a slice of life when on the road, and have fun with it, HBHD, prediction post, etc.
I also try and answer questions there, so if you have any particular X and O thing, ask away.
And I am always open to suggestions to try and make things better.
I have a thick skin, so don't be afraid.

/ ted

No-Bama.

Ted for President!
Back to the top

I like Ted's Blogs, I mean yea Exit you may have a point of the X and Os but I don't care, because he does have the articles he post, but his blogs, we actually get to know Ted without ever even meeting him and hes putting out info on the team not only as a scribe but as a fan as well.  He hears our cries and yells and writes about it and FAU hears us through him.  He's creative and makes the blog fun and interesting, that you have to give him respect for, no matter if you like his blogs or not.  How many other scribes do you think have gone to a Zoo, or wherever he goes, to go and see an Owl to do a prediction?  I like his blogs and I ain't jumpin off that bandwagon. 

"Sore Loser?!?! Tell you what, show me a Good Loser and I'll SHOW you a LOSER!!!"
Back to the top

in other news to complain about

Ted i think your blog is great. As an FAU alumni and fan, I look frwd. to your daily post. Please keep up the good job.
Back to the top

Agreed. I have read Ted's stuff for years, and I appreciate it.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Agreed. I have read Ted's stuff for years, and I appreciate it.

Same here. I've read Ted's blog and FAU coverage since way back, at least since he had long hair. I love his quirky stories and original perspective. He is part of Owl Country. In my view, If we lost Ted, FAU coverage would be a barren wasteland. Keep up the great work Ted…and thanks.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: