Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pelini says Nebraska 'soft' on defense in opener

Pelini says Nebraska 'soft' on defense in opener

Just to add insult to injury. >:(

"Suh said he and his linemates often played patty cake with FAU's offensive line."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/breaking-news/story/1223534.html

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Pelini says Nebraska 'soft' on defense in opener

illinoisowl said

Just to add insult to injury. >:(

"Suh said he and his linemates often played patty cake with FAU's offensive line."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/breaking-news/story/1223534.html

I don't think he meant it as a knock on FAU. He was talking about the fact that they couldn't get under the pads and move FAU's linemen back. I think most of the article gives the FAU offensive line some real respect. I hope the O-line can continue to get better.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I dunno about that Owlfan1…patty cake is an appearant jab?? You don't play patty cake with someone you are seriously contending with…

Regardless:

ZERO sacks…and ZERO hurries.

Patty cake that Suh!
Back to the top

Pellini was not happy with Suh or the D giving up more yards in an opener in 10 years. And NO pass rush. He knows that if their D plays like that, Texas and Texas Tech will destroy them. Missouri too. Oklahoma is looking shaky though.

We have to take the positives from this and GROW AS A TEAM! The O line did GREAT except for the movement calls but you get a lot of that as an away tem with Big crowds. Thats one reason a lot of teams simply snap on first sound from QB.

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The O line did GREAT except for the movement calls

That absolutely killed us at times!

(literally)
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Pellini was not happy with Suh or the D giving up more yards in an opener in 10 years. And NO pass rush. He knows that if their D plays like that, Texas and Texas Tech will destroy them. Missouri too. Oklahoma is looking shaky though.

We have to take the positives from this and GROW AS A TEAM! The O line did GREAT except for the movement calls but you get a lot of that as an away tem with Big crowds. Thats one reason a lot of teams simply snap on first sound from QB.

GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we don't play texas this year, actually we got the other good team in texas that scares me more…baylor.
Back to the top

Rick said

I dunno about that Owlfan1…patty cake is an appearant jab?? You don't play patty cake with someone you are seriously contending with…

Regardless:

ZERO sacks…and ZERO hurries.

Patty cake that Suh!

Why didn't they get any pressure or any sacks then??

The offensive line wins if they can get the defensive line to hand fight as opposed to allowing the defense to get into the pads of the o-line (as Suh says Nebraska did not do) and move them back.

I think his mention of patty-cake is as much a comment about his own play as that of the FAU o-line. The o-line held up well and the stats attest to that. So if playing patty-cake means no sacks and the most yards Nebraska has given up in an opener in a long time, I say bring on the baker man and bake me a cake as fast as you can!!!

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: