Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Brogan's Last Run at FAU"

Add topic

For many years President Brogan has tied his shoelaces early mornings and ran his route around the Boca Raton Campus. On September 10th you can join him for his final lap.

The event will begin at the Baldwin House (North of Apartments) at 7:00AM
Stop 1: Marleen & Harold Forkas Alumni Center
Stop 2: Student Union Parking Lot
Stop 3: Heritage Park Towers Parking Lot
Stop 4: Student Apartment Parking Lot

Students can choose to join in the run or cheer on fellow owls and President Brogan as they complete the run at each of the stops.

After the run all spectators and runners are welcomed at the Baldwin House for a continental breakfast.
Back to the top

Re: "Brogan's Last Run at FAU"

Chancellor Brogan, have a great run, I will be cheering you on up here in Georgia! And PLEASE remember FAU kindly up there!
Back to the top

So anyone can just roll up to the presidents house for breakfast??.... ;D
Back to the top

Yes, Anyone can come to the run.  I encourage all alumni and president Brogan Supporters to come and bid farewell!
Back to the top

Just a reminder that your last chance to say your goodbyes to President Brogan is Thursday at 7 am for Brogan's final run! This is also a reminder that President Brogan will be giving the State of the University Address tomorrow morning (Wed.) at 10am in the University Theater on the Boca Raton Campus. Please join us!

GO OWLS!

Tiffany Weimar '08
Student Body President
Back to the top

"Brogan's Last Run at FAU"

Brogan delivered a tearful final address today:

Story
Back to the top

Rick said

Brogan delivered a tearful final address today:

Story

I just watched the rebroadcast.
some highlites:

Enrollment fall 2009: 28,000+

freshman overall GPA 3.42
honors college GPA 4.04
overall avg SAT 1602
honors SAT 1903
5 valedictorians
2 salutatorians

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Nice!!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

some highlites:

Enrollment fall 2009: 28,000+

freshman overall GPA 3.42

5 valedictorians
2 salutatorians

Wow. Nice jump. You know, our student population seems to grow at the pace of ~1000 students per year. At that rate, we'll break 30k by 2011, which incidentally is the same number of seats in our 2011 football stadium.

That also means we could potentially have 40k students in 2021 (although I think it will be sooner than that) and 50k students in 2031. Not sure how many students the Boca campus could support (or all the campuses altogether) but once this school starts getting in the 40ks, you can better believe the surrounding Boca community will start sucking up to us and it'll feel more like a college town at that point.
Back to the top

Nice article in the Sentinel today:

"The moving truck's already out front," a choked-up Brogan said to the group of 30 students who participated in the run. "Courtney and Colby John and I are going to start a new life in Tallahassee, but FAU will always be a part of us. When my son gets older and he sees pictures of the Baldwin House, he's going to say, 'Dad, why did we move out of there?'"

Inside an influential FAU president's final run
Back to the top
Control functions: