Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PBCC to become PBSC in 2010

Add topic

PBCC to become PBSC in 2010

By KIMBERLY MILLER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Palm Beach Community College trustees unanimously approved renaming the 76-year-old school today, including adding a temporary tag line to the current moniker - "Coming in 2010 - Palm Beach State College."

The change from community college to state college, which came after months of deliberation and a public survey, was made to better reflect the college's power to offer 4-year degrees.

Move over Palm Beach Community College, 'Coming 2010 - Palm Beach State College'

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: PBCC to become PBSC in 2010

Wonder how that will affect our relationship with them…

They are doing it because they have some four year degree programs now they said on the radio yesterday…

They moved all of their athletics to the main campus in Lake Worth a couple years back i believe…
Back to the top

Re: PBCC to become PBSC in 2010

Rick said

Wonder how that will affect our relationship with them…

They should hit the trail and give us those buildings in Boca.

Rick said

They are doing it because they have some four year degree programs now they said on the radio yesterday…

They want to offer a B.S. in Nursing. Problem is, there are no jobs for nursing majors right now. None. I know three recent nursing graduates, great students, that can't find a job anywhere. Hospitals needs nurses, sure, but I'm hearing they only want nurses with 3-5 years of previous real world experience.
Back to the top
Control functions: