Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Maybe watching Troy getting dismantled 35-3 by UF in the first half

Maybe watching Troy getting dismantled 35-3 by UF in the first half

will make some people here realize how difficult it is to compete on a national level. I was disappointed with the FAU loss to Nebraska but to expect a new program to compete with the big boys right away is unrealistic.
Back to the top

Re: Maybe watching Troy getting dismantled 35-3 by UF in the first half

Wow, it was 14-3 last time I checked.
Back to the top

Exactly.  People need to realize that these BCS teams have a HUGE advantage over SBC level teams.  Beating a team like Florida or Nebraska on the road is near impossible.  It takes a perfect game, and even then it is difficult.  You have to catch one of these teams in a down year just to have a shot.  That is why I am not disappointed by performances like last week…we are just not on that level yet.
Back to the top

Gators on the first drive after the second half kickoff score a TD. The score is now 42-3. BTW, the Gator"struggled" in the first quarter and still lead 42-3.
Back to the top

It is more interesting watching the Fresno State and Central Michigan games where they are competing with lower level Big10 teams.  I gave up on Troy after they screwed up the field goal

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

As much as these games hurts the SBC's pride, as an owl fan I can't help but feel excited watching Troy get their butts handed to them lol.

FLORIDAATLANTIC[br]U N I V E R S I T Y
Back to the top

Basco said

As much as these games hurts the SBC's pride, as an owl fan I can't help but feel excited watching Troy get their butts handed to them lol.

Yeah…can't say it doesn't make me smile to see them getting beat.
Back to the top

Central Michigan beats Sparty!  Don't give up!  We can beat SC and we will continue to improve and hopefully move up to the Big East.  Has anybody heard anything concerning the Big East picking up a couple of schools in Florida?  MY guess is that as soon as we move into our stadium we will move up to the Big East!

GO OWLS!
'91
Back to the top

Final score UF 56 Troy 6 (two field goals)

UF had 667 total offensive yards to Troy's 151.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Troy's secondary looks suspect…….
Back to the top
Control functions: