Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ol' Ball Coach Spurrier Weighs In On The Owls & Schnelley...

Not the same as last time around though!

Yes, Ol' Ball Coach had some soft and fuzzy things to say on his weekly call today about FAU, and showed continued respect for Howard:

On the Owls:

"Oh, they're a very good team. I was just watching their tape with Nebraska, and think the score's a little misleading. They stacked up pretty well. Nebraska had some big plays here and there, but  (FAU) stuffed em' up pretty well run wise most of the first half. Yeah, they look like their athletes are very good. They're a competitive team…I know their quaterback is very good also", said Spurrier.

On Schnellenberger:

"I guess you could call him a legend in the coaching profession. I think he's the only guy left that wears that coat and tie on the sidleine. I was watching the tape and said 'yeah, that's ol' Coach Schnellenberger on the sideline'. But that adds a little prestidge and respect to the coaching profession…he certainly does that", said Spurrier.

Good stuff…….
Back to the top

Re: Ol' Ball Coach Spurrier Weighs In On The Owls & Schnelley...

"I guess you could call him a legend"

ha ha, classic Spurrier backhanded compliment
Back to the top

Plain and simple, Spurrier is an a..hole. A whiny self important ass! Done a GREAT job at SC so far, HA!!
Back to the top

They had a heck of a game vs. georgia over the weekend.  It got me worried about our game.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Plain and simple, Spurrier is an a..hole. A whiny self important ass! Done a GREAT job at SC so far, HA!!

Well Said!
Back to the top

duder said

They had a heck of a game vs. georgia over the weekend.  It got me worried about our game.

Hopefully it took alot out of them….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Ol' Ball Coach Spurrier Weighs In On The Owls & Schnelley...

They gotta be a lot more worried about Ol Miss than us! Can't afford to go 0-2 to start SEC play! And they only have 4 days to prepare for them. I guarantee they are spending a fair amount of thier practice time getting ready for them and not us. This is only a tune-up game for them, right?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

They gotta be a lot more worried about Ol Miss than us! Can't afford to go 0-2 to start SEC play! And they only have 4 days to prepare for them. I guarantee they are spending a fair amount of their practice time getting ready for them and not us. This is only a tune-up game for them, right?

Agreed!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

They gotta be a lot more worried about Ol Miss than us! Can't afford to go 0-2 to start SEC play! And they only have 4 days to prepare for them. I guarantee they are spending a fair amount of thier practice time getting ready for them and not us. This is only a tune-up game for them, right?

that would make sense, but you have to remember – we're a team that tends to play down to our opponents and we need a solid victory to build some momentum for the Ole Miss game. I think we're going to take this game just as serious as any other this season. Either way, im excited to see you guys play!

good luck!
Back to the top

that would make sense, but you have to remember – we're a team that tends to play down to our opponents and we need a solid victory to build some momentum for the Ole Miss game. I think we're going to take this game just as serious as any other this season. Either way, im excited to see you guys play!

good luck!

Great to have you on the Nest!  Best of luck on Saturday!  Do you recommend any pubs/bars after the game?  Can you also tell us which hotels are close enough to all of the action?  Thanks again and best of luck!
Back to the top
Control functions: