Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Miami Herald???

We may have questioned this before!

Why does the Miami Herald NOT have FAU listed under sports on their website?  They have FIU, UM, FSU & UF.   What kind of crap is that ???  I do understand that the Sun Sentinel and Palm Beach Post are in our backyards, but why would you intentionally leave out a South Florida Team?

I think we should ban reading The Miami Herald from here on out!  OK, I will get off of my soapbox!  What can I say, I'm a devoted OWL fan!!!!
Back to the top

Re: The Miami Herald???

The Miami Herald???

Go see if you can find fiu on the sun sentinels site. They eliminated it.
Back to the top

I guess is because of cutbacks, especially in the newspaper industry, there isn't anyone to cover it. FAU still has the Palm Beach Post and Sun Sentinel.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owl said

Go see if you can find fiu on the sun sentinels site. They eliminated it.

Yes, try to find FIU on the SS.
FAU is under "other Colleges". in the MH
I wrote an email to Pete Pelegrin who writes for FIU telling him to have more positive stories about FAU.
Him or the other writer would post stories every time FAU would lose, not when FAU had won or beat strong opponents.
For example,
• The Miami herald never wrote anything when FAU beat UF in baseball. They posted something when FAU was beat by UM in baseball.
• They did not post how FAU beat FIU twice before the baseball tourney. The title was " FAU made it to the tourney despise loss to FIU"
• The Miami Herald did not post anything when FAU mercy ruled out FIU from the tourney.

basically, the pick and choose their stories for their own convenience, so they don't look bad when they lose. It is understandable that they wouldn't post anything in favor to their opponents; besides I don't know how big the FAU fan base is in Miami. Even some news channels did not say anything when FAU beat FIU last year in the Shula Bowl. They just simply ignored the fact. These channels also have not updated FAU logos.

Well, wasting too much energy here on this subject.
The MH is the UM's newspaper and they are giving some recognition to FIU lately. I think the deserve it.

GO OWLS.

Back to the top

Who cares what the do in Miami  ???  BTW they Dolphins play in Miami Gardens.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

?

I think we should ban reading The Miami Herald from here on out!  

I never even read it when I lived in Hollywood…..garbage paper….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: