Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Week Three: Sunbelt Predictions

- Florida Atlantic @ South Carolina – (10-24)
- Florida International @ Rutgers – (17-42)
- Louisiana-Lafayette @ #9 LSU – (3-52)
- Louisiana-Monroe @ Arizona State – (10-35)
- Middle Tennessee @ Maryland – (14-28)
- North Texas @ #4 Alabama – (7-38)
- Western Kentucky vs. Central Arkansas – (24-10)
- Troy vs. UAB – (35-10)

** Arkansas State has a bye week.

I'm guessing two wins for the Belt in Week Three: Troy gets first win of the season, Western Kentucky gets first win as a I-A team.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: Week Three: Sunbelt Predictions

Seems about right.  It'll be interesting to see how Troy does this week.  They seem to have defensive issues and UAB can score points. 
Back to the top

The Troy UAB game would be a good game for us to watch since we will be playing both of them this year. It could give us an idea of what we'll be facing. And I agree about Troy and WKU winning. Middle beat Maryland last  year right? So there's no chance that Maryland is going to sleep on MTSU again and everyone else should be handled pretty easily.
Back to the top

- Florida Atlantic @ South Carolina – (21-28)
- Florida International @ Rutgers – (24-35)
- Louisiana-Lafayette @ #9 LSU – (10-42)
- Louisiana-Monroe @ Arizona State – (17-28)
- Middle Tennessee @ Maryland – (21-24)
- North Texas @ #4 Alabama – (14-37)
- Western Kentucky vs. Central Arkansas – (21-14)
- Troy vs. UAB – (27-21)
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

The Troy UAB game would be a good game for us to watch since we will be playing both of them this year. It could give us an idea of what we'll be facing.

Fun Fact: Since 2002, Troy has never started a season 0-3. Troy is currently 0-2. Could 2009 be the Fall of Troy [University]???

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I generally avoid predictions because I am not good at them. But here goes:

–FAU 24 @ South Carolina 31. I'm a homer, but I just have a feeling this one will go better.
FIU 21 @ Rutgers 17. The Golden Panthers are much improved and Rutgers is not.
–Louisiana-Lafayette 10 @ LSU 52. The Tigers won't play around this week.
–Louisiana-Monroe 14 @ Arizona State 24. The big boys will pull it out in Q3-4.
–MTSU 24 @ Maryland 28. Talent may be pretty even, but fool me once, shame on me….
–North Texas 10 @ Alabama 49. Sabin claimed the Crimson Tide doesn't overlook weaker opponents, and unlike last week, he'll make sure this time.
–Central Arkansas 10 @ Western Kentucky 34. On paper, this should be a big guy-little guy mismatch. Same for on the field.
–UAB 24 @ Troy 27. Despite Trojans' homefield advantage, this could go the other way. Troy is struggling, UAB  is improved and equal-level in-state rivalries sometimes defy logic.
Back to the top

Week Three: Sunbelt Predictions

grayowl said

I generally avoid predictions because I am not good at them. But here goes:

FIU 21 @ Rutgers 17. The Golden Panthers are much improved and Rutgers is not.

I'm going with Grey Owl on this one. I think FIU will upset Rutgers. I picked FIU in the pick em for the week. TY Hilton is scary good and FIU is very much improved. Rutgers is mediocre and hasn't been good since Ray Rice left

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I like MTSU over Maryland.

Maryland was crushed by Cal in week one (52-13) and barely beat 1-AA James Madison in week two (38-35).

MTSU struggled against Clemson (37-14), but had a nice win against Memphis (31-14).

I take MTSU in a close one this week (31-28).

I also like FIU to make it a game with Rutgers and possibly pull the upset.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I'm going with Grey Owl on this one. I think FIU will upset Rutgers. I picked FIU in the pick em for the week. TY Hilton is scary good and FIU is very much improved. Rutgers is mediocre and hasn't been good since Ray Rice left

Yes, FIU has improved. Yes, Rutgers isn't a top tier team. However…. since 2002, FIU has been 6-38 on the road. Should be an exciting game, but Rutgers will win.

Back to the top

Owlando said

FAUfasho said

The Troy UAB game would be a good game for us to watch since we will be playing both of them this year. It could give us an idea of what we'll be facing.

Fun Fact: Since 2002, Troy has never started a season 0-3. Troy is currently 0-2. Could 2009 be the Fall of Troy [University]???

Troy hasn't lost a home opener since 1991 (18 years) either. But that could all change. UAB is pretty good offensively, and Troy has issues on both sides of the ball. If we lose this game, Troy won't win more than two or three this season.
Back to the top
Control functions: