Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Spurrier previews home opener against FAU

"Okay, we’re getting ready for Florida Atlantic, a team we played a couple of years ago. They have improved tremendously. I think the last two years they have been to a bowl game and had winning seasons. They won the Motor City Bowl I think last year, beating Central Michigan . So they are a quality team. A lot of good athletes from the South Florida area. I think most of their players are from down that way. They are a very good, solid team.

We’ve got to really play well if we hope to have a chance to beat these guys. Their quarterback, Rusty Smith, has thrown for a lot of yards. He's a really good player that a lot of people think will be an NFL draft pick. So, we’re regrouping a bit."

Full Preview
Back to the top

Re: Spurrier previews home opener against FAU

USC head football coach Steve Spurrier talked to the media Tuesday during a press conference previewing this weekend's Florida Atlantic game.

Back to the top

Is he is reading from a script???

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

LMAO, no he never reads a script, he says whats on his mind and he means every word
Back to the top

hopeusc1 said

LMAO, no he never reads a script, he says whats on his mind and he means every word

Remember we are in South Florida, we all know Spurrier very well, unfortunately.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Ol' Ball Coach seems to have "come down" a bit lately…not so intense…anyone else notice that??
Back to the top

hopeusc1 said

It's one thing to have notes, but to read from a script is pointless. Just email the reporters the script and save everyone a half hour of their time.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Spurrier previews home opener against FAU

Spurrier has never been the "Ole Spurrier" since he's been at South Carolina, he's known the challenge here and he's been pretty humble…What a great man though, one i never thought I would say that about, he loves kids, loves working with them. 
Back to the top

hopeusc1 said

.What a great man though,

I never thought I would hear that and Spurrier in the same sentence.  Maybe his stint in the NFL and USC have changed him.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Those shadows look like awesome pit-stains.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: