Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

To All South Carolina Fans

Just wanted to say thank you to those S.Carolina fans who very hospitable and very nice to us. We drove 9 hours in a mini-van to see our team play and for the most part you guys were extremely nice and wishing us luck during the season even before the game.

We did encounter some unfriendly fans who like to talk trash but that happens at every school.

Just a word of advice to those people who I guess felt threatened by our fans who were just looking to have a good time and see some Owls football… You really can't trash talk another team when you are a guy wearing a shirt that says cock on it lol.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: To All South Carolina Fans

I'd have to agree with Jab on this one, most everyone was more than hospitable and that's one thing I'll remember from this trip for sure. I usually expect a 90/10 mix of good fans and drunken idiots and it was the case in Columbia. The one shocker for me was a cursing slurring mess of a girl talking trash as we walked into the stadium…you can put her in high heels and a nice dress but that doesn't change who she is I guess!
Back to the top

Hi all,

Your team put up a good fight and definitely has a solid O.  I expected that it would take till the second half to pull away but I sure didn't expect the score to be tied at half.  I think that extra point took some wind out of your sails.

I looked for some owls to welcome them to WB but never hooked up with any.  Most of our fan base is a hospitable bunch, but like the earlier post, there are always a few sand burrs on the beach no matter how nice it is.

Good luck for the remainder of your season.

Back to the top

To All South Carolina Fans

donbgamecock said

…there are always a few sand burrs on the beach no matter how nice it is.

We need to start a "quote of the day" post…this one is great! :D

Same to you donbgamecock!

I could think of nothing greater to "stir" the media frenzy that will desend upon Columbia on November 14th than for you guys to beat UF…

That is probably the only time they have a small "chance" of losing this year!
Back to the top
Control functions: