Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Greetings Owl fans

Looking forward to coming to your place next week. Really cold here in Wyoming snowed yesterday so much for fall. Don't really know a whole lot about your program but looking forward to learning more. Good luck this week against Louisiana-Monroe. Any recomendations on the pregame activities you guys have or bars in the area would be appreciated. Thanks  Go Cowboys!!!   
Back to the top

Re: Greetings Owl fans

Welcome to the board.

The general consensus is that you will probably have the most luck with bars and pregame activities if you are staying in the Fort Lauderdale area. I have not lived down there for quite some time so I will leave specific suggestions up to those more knowledgeable.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Hey thanks, Your more than welcome to out board to. Its run by rivals so there is a seven day free trial membership you can use. www.gowyogo.com. When we played Texas two weeks ago seemed like there fans logged on for free somehow without the trial membership. I am staying in Ft. Lauderdale at the Westin dont think there is a huge Wyoming contingent coming down but there will be a few of us. Just looking forward to enjoying your State and weather hope its sunny and warm. 
Back to the top

You can never go wrong with Downtown Ft Lauderdale (SW 2nd Street) all the bars, some restaurants, and even more restaurants down the way on Las Olas.
Back to the top

Welcome to the board Poke, spent some time in your lovely state a few years ago and absolutely loved it, the Tetons were amazing. We don't have any scenery like that down here but hopefully the views on Ft. Lauderdale beach will get you through the day.

Are you at the Westin on Cypress Creek rd? You're very close to the Stadium but that part of town isn't much to shake a stick at for entertainment. Thankfully you're also quite close to Ft. Lauderdale beach and downtown which are well worth the visit.

There aren't really any bars around the stadium so tailgating is usually your best option. If you aren't able to swing that, then there are a few bar/restaurants on your way to the stadium from your hotel. Champps, Hooters and Longhorn both have bar areas with food, tvs etc. and they're all on Cypress Creek.

If you need any nightlife/dining advice don't be afraid to speak up, we're happy to help.
Back to the top

All the bars in FT lauderdale are located 1 block south of Broward Blvd. between Andrews Av and 2nd Av.
Is your hotel in FT lauderdale or Hallandale beach?
If it's in Hallandale Beach, then take I-95 North / go east (right) on broward Blvd.
The bars will be on your right hand-side between 2nd av. and andrews av.
You'll see the railroad tracks.

Lockhart is on commercial blvd, west of I-95.
Back to the top

Hey there MTNPoke,

I have already used my free trial some time ago, ( I am a Message board junkie)

I would love to open up some conversation on the board but all of them are locked down to guests.

I know DCPoke had inquired abouit opening up at least one board for folks. If you could pass along another request Id appreciate it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Thanks for the info. Im coming down the on the Monday before the game so I will have a week to search out some of the places you've all mentioned. Im at the Westin on Cypress but I got rental car also so I wont be stuck there.  I will pass the request to open the board for you but dont hold your breath. There is another site wyonation.com just need email address there to register free board. 
Back to the top

Greetings Owl fans

Hey Rick…I don't remember if it was last year or the year before but someone asked for info and we went into great detail on ideas of where to go and what to see.  Could you maybe dig that post up and link it here?
Back to the top

This is the FREE forum I know of:
http://www.wyonation.com/
Back to the top
Control functions: