Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

My employer is in the movies

Add topic

The company I have been working for the last 6 years, Archer Daniels Midland, is in the movies. "The Informant" It was just released today so I haven't seen it.
Matt Damon, who stared in the movie, was up here for a few months while the picture was being filmed. Several co-workers met him. I can't really tell anything about the movie since I haven't seen it.
It is based on a true story about price fixing. The character, Mark Whitacre, does exist and did work for ADM (Archer Daniels Midland).
This all happened a few years before I moved up here and it was still a topic.
I only recognize one character portrayed in the movie shown on the cast list on IMDB (below) He is still working for ADM and I have spoken with him on several occasions.
The Informant! (2009) - Full cast and crew

We've known about this movie for the past two years and have been waiting for the release. It did create a little controversy when news came out that it was going to be produced.

Anyway, everyone go check it out. It is supposed to be pretty funny.

Informant!, The (Blu-ray) |  WBshop.com | Warner Bros.

For those that don't know it, Archer Daniels Midland is a $66 billion a year company headquartered in Decatur, IL with facilities in Europe, South and Central America, Canada and Asia almost every state in the U.S. We're big.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: My employer is in the movies

Very cool Illinois...thanks for sharing!
Back to the top

I just saw the movie. Not that great.

Some shots of the ADM Decatur facilities from a distance. The film crew and actors were not allowed to film anything on ADM property so all the office scenes are somewhere else, probably California somewhere.

Back to the top

Talking about movies…a few months ago after I had surgery on my middle finger (could no longer give a proper finger, had to get that fix  ;) )

I did see a movie called "The Recruit" with Al Pacino, one of the trainee's mentioned that he went to Florida Atlantic…unexpected, but cool to be mentioned in a movie like that.

Back to topic…Haven't seen it yet, will have to rent it.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Some shots of the ADM Decatur facilities from a distance. The film crew and actors were not allowed to film anything on ADM property so all the office scenes are somewhere else, probably California somewhere.

I saw this movie on Wednesday. Quite boring. It was a 7:30pm movie and I was falling asleep. There were a few funny parts but overall not that good

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

illinoisowl said

I saw this movie on Wednesday. Quite boring. It was a 7:30pm movie and I was falling asleep. There were a few funny parts but overall not that good

I have to agree. I've heard the story at the office so it was interesting to see it play out in the movie. I knew when I saw the movie it would not be interesting to people who didn't have a connection somehow. The plot is confusing and the dialog is boring.  Actually, the trailer is the better than the movie.

Back to the top

My employer is in the movies

illinoisowl said

Jab979 said

illinoisowl said

I have to agree. I've heard the story at the office so it was interesting to see it play out in the movie. I knew when I saw the movie it would not be interesting to people who didn't have a connection somehow. The plot is confusing and the dialog is boring.  Actually, the trailer is the better than the movie.

haha it's funny because it's true. They did a good job in the trailer making you think this was funny

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: