Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ULM vs FAU Thoughts and Observations

OK, I've been going over the game in my head since it ended and I won't be able to go sleep until I get them out,lol. (these aren't in any order, I'm just thinking of them)
1st-it was freaking HOT, thank goodness it cooled down as the game went on.
2nd-I feel like we came out flat, there wasn't much "spark" to the offense early and I think that hurt us.
3rd-Morris is the real deal and he's exciting to watch. I feel like he's always just one broken tackle from taking it for 6.
4th-Even though he had almost 350 yards passing, Rusty seemed just a tad bit off. We had a few chances for big plays that were either under thrown or over thrown, just barely, I mean by only a step or two. If we connected on just one of them, it would have been a completely different game.
5th-How was that pass to Jean in the endzone where the ULM player tripped him NOT pass interference?! There were TWO refs right there and BOTH ULM players interfered, at least thats what it looked like from my point of view (band).
6th-Student attendance is probably about as good as it could be considering the cirumstances. If we had won and kept on winning I would bet that the entire student section would fill up. The home side is kind of lame, at least it seems that way.
7th-What was with that "intentional grounding" penalty? It looked like a blown assignment by the reciever. There were 3 blockers there…but no reciever  ???
8th-Missed extra points suck
9th-I know that people will try to blame differing things for the loss, but I feel there were two things that kept us from wining- dropped passes and DUMB penalties.
10th-I hate our defensive scheme, barely any blitzes and that stupid 10 yard cushion given by the corners. That just makes NO sense to me and I cannot figure out for the life of me why the corners are so far back when its 2nd and 6 or 3 and 5.
11th-If we keep playing like this, then we'll be in bad shape and be lucky to get 5 wins

I'm not giving up on this team. We all know that when our offense clicks we can score on dang near anybody and can put up points. Let's hope that they start clicking next week and beat Wyoming!

I'll stay on the brightside and say that we lost to ULM in 2007 when we won the SBC, hopefully we can rebound with a vengence and play smart!

As always..

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: ULM vs FAU Thoughts and Observations

ULM vs FAU Thoughts and Observations

My random thoughts:

We are not that exciting to watch.  I never had a feeling of excitement like a couple years ago.

We have play calling issues and clock management issues.

People that bring whistles to sporting events are morons.

We are no worse off than we were at this time last year.

We are no better off than we were at this time last year.

Disappointing loss.

Let's get ready for Wyoming.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

The good:  The offensive line, Alfred Morris, the D in the 2nd half at least made some critical stops, and the band…it's bigger and louder…nice work!

The bad:  Penalties, play calling, dropped passes….the usual.

Lots to work on this week…Wyoming is a must win.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The good:  The offensive line, Alfred Morris, the D in the 2nd half at least made some critical stops, and the band…it's bigger and louder…nice work!

The bad:  Penalties, play calling, dropped passes….the usual.

Lots to work on this week…Wyoming is a must win.

The Good: Alfred Morris, Lester Jean, Chris Bonner, Jason Harmon

The Bad: THE ENTIRE DEFENSE!!!
At one point in the 4th quarter with probably just over 3 minutes left I think it was, ULM was rushing the ball and it literally took the ENTIRE defense to bring this guy down. He ended up rushing for 9 yards while the entire defense on his back

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

At one point in the 4th quarter with probably just over 3 minutes left I think it was, ULM was rushing the ball and it literally took the ENTIRE defense to bring this guy down. He ended up rushing for 9 yards while the entire defense on his back

Or, they just did one of these!

Back to the top

I think the series you are referring to is here:

http://www.palmswestpress.com/images/FAU_vs_ULM_4a_09_26_09/index.htm

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Control functions: