Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Gornall Missing the Point of Kicking

FAU Kicker #20 Ross Gornall is terrible. I think I heard this kid actually received (received NOT earned) a scholarship for kicking.

He is 3 for 5 in EXTRA POINTS! Who misses extra points?!?!?!?!? They're not even being blocked, he just misses them.

Kick our kicker off the team!!! My wheelchair-bound Grandmother could make more extra points than this kid.

In the South Carolina game, we ended the first half 16-17, rather than 17-17. Who knows how well we would have continued playing if we entered the second half tied as opposed to trailing by ONE point.

Gornall is missing the point as a kicker, both literally and figuratively, and FAU needs a new, better kicker NOW!

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: Gornall Missing the Point of Kicking

Gornall Missing the Point of Kicking

I belive this was the transfer from Auburn.

I think hes ok personally, yes hes missed some PAT's, but im holding judgement on this for now. He was SOLID as hell in the MCB last year.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

My only concern is that he's a bit of a headcase (as most kickers are) and that he walked out on the field after that first TD thinking, "you missed the last PAT you attempted, don't screw this one up" and psyched himself out. Those guys need a short memory in order to be great. He's got a strong leg and really just about anything is an improvement over Warley.
Back to the top

Wow the fans on here are pathetic. The kid will be fine. The FAU fans complain too much. Last year the kicker wad 10-13 and you complained. This kicker is 2-0 on field goals and you complain. It's hard to keep supporting this team with such fans who just bash the kids. I agree the missed extra points are bad. But than again this whole team is bad right now.
Back to the top

The whole team is not bad, we just have a few trouble areas…

But if you think about it, we make the extra point, then we could have gone for two in the last TD…convert there, and the game it tied…so it did factor in…

BUT, im not throwing Ross under the bus…he's a solid kicker and we are fortunate to have him IMO…….

Back to the top

faufano1 said

Wow the fans on here are pathetic. The kid will be fine. The FAU fans complain too much. Last year the kicker wad 10-13 and you complained. This kicker is 2-0 on field goals and you complain. It's hard to keep supporting this team with such fans who just bash the kids. I agree the missed extra points are bad. But than again this whole team is bad right now.

Are you kidding me, FAUFan01? Fans (no matter how loyal): complain, critique, discuss, suggest and argue about athletes, coaches, management all the time, in all sports, on all levels. Just because we discuss how poorly a player is doing, doesn't mean we aren't good fans, it means, we care enough to discuss the areas we need to improve upon in order to win.

Ross Gornall has THE worst % in Extra points: 2012 NCAA Division I-A College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Kicking - ESPN

As a loyal fan, when it is a fact that he is the worst in making extra points, should I say "the important thing is Gornall tried"… Heck NO! I want the kid to do better or get someone else who will do better.

I'm sorry if Gornall is your kid or something, but yeah, right now he isn't the best kicker. Rather than calling us pathetic fans, maybe you should give me reason to be proud our a kicker. I have love for the team, and support Coach and his staff, but if a player is performing horribly, than yeah, I'm gonna bitch about him.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I think hes ok personally, yes hes missed some PAT's, but im holding judgement on this for now. He was SOLID as hell in the MCB last year.

He is solid. He's going to be one of our best kickers. So he had a slow start. That extra point wouldn't have won us the game on Saturday and he only missed one.

Had he missed three field goals, like a certain someone had at the USF game, then I'd be more concerned.
Back to the top

anyway you slice it, its pretty pathetic to miss extra points. It probably a mental thing at this point because i think most athletic people can walk into a situation and kick an extra point with little practive
The team has a lot of problems, this is just another one.
Back to the top

I think he's okay, and should only get better.  His onside kick was brutal though.  However, would you really prefer Leroy over this guy?  It wouldn't have mattered if it were 17-16 or 17-17 at half in the SC game, because we got the ball back after the half and Rusty laid an absolute egg and threw a brutal pick which pretty much killed all the momentum and ended any hope of an upset.  Honestly guys, this team is 0-3!  Is a kicking controversy really what we should be debating right now?
Back to the top

I hope the players don't read this board.
Back to the top
Control functions: