Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alfred Morris Makes a Splash in Sun Belt

Owls running back Alfred Morris was an afterthought coming into spring practice, but he now leads the Sun Belt in rushing.

Morris, a sophomore, was the backup fullback but got a chance at tailback when Jeff Blanchard and Willie Floyd went down with injuries.

Morris wrapped up the job with a display of quickness and power and has carried that into the season, as he is averaging 98.7 yards per game after gaining 122 and scoring his first career touchdown Saturday in the loss to Louisiana-Monroe.

"That's what we expected of Alfred," coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

Source: sunsentinel.com

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Alfred Morris Makes a Splash in Sun Belt

IF THAT'S WHAT YOU EXPECT OF HIM WHY ARE YOU THROWING THE BALL SO MUCH????? IDIOTIC COMMENT.
Back to the top

Morris runs hard!! I like it!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

Kids a beast,

Gets 2-4 yards even after being hit most carries.

Time to use him more in the play calling and have him open up the mid level passing routes to Harmon.

Rusty at thge moment is NOT super accurate on the long throws. Hes getting it there but not dead on target and our recievers arent capable enough to make a tough catch on a overthrown ball.

Change the playbook to whats WORKING.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

They need to start playing ball control football…we need to keep our defense off the field as much as possible.  FAU needs to run the ball 35-40 times a game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

How about keeping the Defense on the field a normal amount of time. For the past three games the offense hasn't converted on 3rd downs. Points are needed to win games we need TD's. I'm tired of the defense being blamed for the offenses miscues.The offense isn't scoring. The defense held ULM to 7 in the second half. The DEFENSE showed up! No one to blame but the O for not putting points on the board,too many penlaties, droped passes,& fumbles unacceptable! The inexperienced Defense is getting better. Like the QB stated the Offense are a group of 5th year seniors!
Back to the top

Betterthanthedeadorunborn said

How about keeping the Defense on the field a normal amount of time. For the past three games the offense hasn't converted on 3rd downs. Points are needed to win games we need TD's. I'm tired of the defense being blamed for the offenses miscues.The offense isn't scoring. The defense held ULM to 7 in the second half. The DEFENSE showed up! No one to blame but the O for not putting points on the board,too many penlaties, droped passes,& fumbles unacceptable! The inexperienced Defense is getting better. Like the QB stated the Offense are a group of 5th year seniors!

We had 498 yards of offense.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Alfred Morris Makes a Splash in Sun Belt

walty12 said

Nice stats, but stats dont mean jack.  >:(

On the Fumble recovery the D made, FAU's offense trots out and prmoptly goes 3 and Out in less then 45 seconds of game time and proably about 5 minutes actual time. The D had just sat down, got a drink when they had to go right back out. Talk about demoralizing.

Its not that this offense isnt moving the ball. It is. Its just not moving the ball effectively and for points.

The D is stepping up, and will ONLY get better. We knew it was a question mark coming into the season especially early. HOWEVER I expect more out of an offense with this much time spent playing together.

GO OWLS!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

walty12 said

Nice stats, but stats dont mean jack.  >:(

Oh No
Back to the top

Walty how many points do you get for gaining yards in a game ??? O !!! The Offense needs to score. Let’s look at the stats. Fau vs. Nebraska. Fau has a total of 358 yards…but ZERO TD's. FAU vs. SC we have 307 yards but only 2 TD's. The amount of yards gained is what is frustrating score a TD or quit the team and play intramural throw and catch or something. The yards are great but yards don't win games. Rusty needs to collaborate with his receivers and put the ball in the end zone. [move]TD's win games and are expected when you have a veteran offensive unit [/move] (that for the most part have been playing together for three years now). The Defense is young but talented and they are improving. Hey they actually scored this game now if they learn to stop the run and grab an interception here and they are looking a lot better. [glow=red,2,300][move]Which they will soon!! [/move] [/glow] What will be the excuse for the offenses miscues and stupid penalties?
Back to the top
Control functions: