Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wednesday, Sept. 30th Practice Notes & Quotes...

FAU's football team practiced on Wednesday for Saturday’s game against Wyoming. Weather threatened the practice, but it never interfered.

The team focused mainly on scout team work, but also worked in individual drills and special teams practice.

Both the offensive and defensive unit looked sharp and seem to be ready for Saturday’s confrontation.

FAU will return to the field 3:30 p.m. Thursday.

Quotes of Note:

Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger

Wyoming on the Hurry-up Offense

"They use it like we do to change the pace of the game. They get the play called and they get the defense behind a little bit. It also slows down your substitutions. It is a factor in the game, not a major factor.

Defensively, they are the third team in a row for us that run a three-man line. We have not been able to defeat anything yet so we won’t be afraid of the three-man line. They have a very solid defensive team and one that gives you different looks."

On the 100th Game

"I don’t think that I have had any place that has been 100 games. This is by far the longest tenure that I have had."

Jason Harmon

"Last week’s game was fun. It felt awesome being in front of a home crowd. I had a lot to prove because people didn’t think that I would come back as strong. I needed to prove them wrong. I needed to have a big game.

Last week was the most snaps I have ever taken. I took 74 snaps. The most prior to that was 42."

On Darian Williams

"We are always competing. We have a good relationship. We are excited that he stepped up. He needed to and that is exactly what he did. It (stepping up) will give him a lot more confidence. He needed that."

Importance of a Win Saturday

"Very important. I feel like if we get this, even though it is a non-conference, it will boost our energy level, confidence and everything."

Tavious Polo

"We have to go out and execute. The main problem we may have is the pace of the offense. It is like a two minute drill. We have to condition ourselves and be mentally ready. Focus on our mental toughness. That is key when you are tired.

They are an open team. They get things out in a hurry. We will have to come up and tackle. As long as we get our calls fast and get in position we will be ok. We have been working on it all season, running to every ball. You have to be ready and ready to play. Go hard or go home. Your work shows."

On coming out stronger in the second half last week

"The biggest motivation is 0-3. That is our main focus. We practice hard, know the other team we just have to be hungry and know what we need to do."

Source: FAU Media Relations

Back to the top

Re: Wednesday, Sept. 30th Practice Notes & Quotes...

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Rick!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

On the 100th Game

"I don’t think that I have had any place that has been 100 games. This is by far the longest tenure that I have had."

He actually coached Louisville for 112 games, but we don't have to tell him.  ;D
Back to the top

Wednesday, Sept. 30th Practice Notes & Quotes...

fauowl said

Rick said

On the 100th Game

He actually coached Louisville for 112 games, but we don't have to tell him.   ;D

He also thinks we beat Wisconsin and not Minnesota haha. It's all good coach. What he doesn't know wont hurt him  ;D

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Coach is the man…….

He may mumble (i would too if i had the wealth of knowledge he has so that no one else unworthy gets it), and stumble (at the NU game)…but he is still:

Da' man.

Besides, where would we be without "Schnellenberger Time"?

Good luck finding another Coach ever who can wax as poetic as he does when the time comes…….
Back to the top
Control functions: