Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Christensen back in the saddle...

Wyoming's HC was released from the hospital Wednesday and took charge of the practice that afternoon.
From surgery to practice in a day

"When you call me that, smile."

The Virginian
Owen Wister
Back to the top

Re: Coach Christensen back in the saddle...

Coach Christensen back in the saddle...

Good to hear!
Back to the top

I'm really glad he's OK. But the name of this thread is troublesome. A guy who just underwent kidney stone surgery most likely will be happy to be back on the sideline
– but back in the saddle? Ouch. I think not.
Back to the top

grayowl said

I'm really glad he's OK. But the name of this thread is troublesome. A guy who just underwent kidney stone surgery most likely will be happy to be back on the sideline
– but back in the saddle? Ouch. I think not.

It's a cowboy thing.  You get bucked off, you get right back into the saddle.

"When you call me that, smile."

The Virginian
Owen Wister
Back to the top

DCPoke, I'm a westerner and I understand the desire to get back up on the horse. My point is that the portion of the coach that comes into contact with the saddle would be plenty tender after this particular surgery. Here's how Coach Christensen described the pain in the Laramnie Boomerang's story:
  “It’s like you’ve been in a butt-kicking contest and you got your butt kicked,” Christensen said after (Tuesday's) practice about the pain he experienced. … “The pain they can cause is astronomical."
  I repeat: I'm glad he's feeling better. By all accounts this is a very painful thing to go through.
Back to the top
Control functions: