Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Be patient, we'll get there

Add topic

I was just going over the changes that have happened over the past 9 years. Progress can be seen in every year. We have two dedicated blogs for FAU sports. Ted Hutton and Marcus Nelson with FAU Owlaccess. Even a post game show which I look forward to watching every week. The cheerleading squad is huge now, the band is close to 100 members and sounds fantastic, at least on video. I can't wait to hear them live one day. A new proven winner basketball coach ready to play his recruits this fall. I believe attendance was up last year for basketball games and looking forward to hearing a good report this year.
We will have 1200 more students living on campus in the near future and another 1200 just after that. Innovation village will be the jewel of the campus with the stadium right in the middle of it. Hopefully this means larger sporting event attendance.
I'm looking foward to the new president coming on board. Brogan will be missed but sometimes change brings optimism and hopefully the new president will have as much passion for FAU as Brogan does.
I can see a progression of things improving, even with the budget crises. We still have the band, the dance team and cheerleaders. The incoming freshmen are getting better and better. The campus is gradually getting more traditional. I've voiced my opinion about this numerous times. I don't think a large commuter campus works in anything other than a large city like Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. Boca Raton is not a large city. Research $ are rolling in to Harbor Branch. Max Planck will be on board on the Jupiter campus in the near future. FAU is making large strides in cancer research and heart attack recovery.

It will just keep getting better.

Go Owls, GO FAU

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Be patient, we'll get there

Ditto Illi and speaking of Harbor Branch, when you travel on I-95 and pass the exit the sign is large and says FAU Harbor Branch. I have parents and friends that ask about FAU all the time. Once the stadium is built and programs continue to grow. I think the Jupter campus is going to really take off in a very very big way. 
Back to the top

Re: Be patient, we'll get there

Be patient, we'll get there

Even out in the West, many people now regognize my FAU hat. "FAU – that's Florida Atlantic, right? Schnellenberger?" I hear it a lot.
Back to the top
Control functions: