Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount to be Reinstated

Add topic

Oregon coach Chip Kelly will address LeGarrette Blount's status on Friday morning, the school said Thursday…

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4524682

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount to be Reinstated

Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount to be Reinstated

While I think the year suspension was wrong, once you issue that punishment, you should stand by it. Now they just look weak or desperate! Typical of FBS big 6 conference programs though, too much cash at stake, and everything at that level is about the cash!
Back to the top

I don't know. Indefinite does not necessarily mean the entire season. It means that at the time of the suspension there was no decision made as to the exact number of games. Most assumed the worst and I guess even the coach made reference to the entire season, but he did do some very good things by keeping Blount on the practice field and keeping him enrolled in school, as well as getting some help. I think the fact that he was not dismissed from the team should have indicated to everyone that he would be back at some point during the season.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

One would like to think the sound in the breeze is compassion. But I'm pretty confident it's dollars and wins. The coach should be suspended.
Back to the top

grayowl said

One would like to think the sound in the breeze is compassion. But I'm pretty confident it's dollars and wins. The coach should be suspended.

Hard to say with this one. They did well without him so I don't know that he necessarily gives them a distinct advantage. I think Blount benefits more than the team by having a chance to get back on the NFL draft radar. This was a kid who was considered to be a second rounder prior to the Boise State incident.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

I know I'm old-fashioned. But I think a sucker punch is assault and battery whether it occurs on a football field or outside a 7-Eleven. At the very least, this guy should have caught the attention of the local DA.
Back to the top

grayowl said

I know I'm old-fashioned. But I think a sucker punch is assault and battery whether it occurs on a football field or outside a 7-Eleven. At the very least, this guy should have caught the attention of the local DA.

I agree. I was saying that he should be suspended for the season from the beginning. I think when it could cost him millions of dollars people start to rethink the situation. Of course we always see different treatment dependent upon player value for the team or potential value. How many times have we seen two or three players involved in the same situation and the guy who is a starter stays with the team, but the reserves are kicked off the team?? Too many for my taste. Hopefully the coaches are seeing a real change in Blount and giving him a chance based on his deserving a chance and not due to some other motive.

NEW UPDATE:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4526349

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: