Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Latest update on Stadium

Add topic

Looks like everything is moving along nicely:

There is a verbal commitment for the naming rights–i's dotted and t's crossed expected sometime around Nov.1.

Money for the developmental rights will be in the bank sometime in November and enable FAU to go get the financing required.

Groundbreaking around March/April timeframe if all goes well.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Re: Latest update on Stadium

fauowl said

There is a verbal commitment for the naming rights–i's dotted and t's crossed expected sometime around Nov.1.

Money for the developmental rights will be in the bank sometime in November and enable FAU to go get the financing required.

Go Owls!!

Please let this happen!!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Go Owls!!

Excellent! Let's hope the verbals stick. They can do a combined "groundbreaking for the stadium/Rec Center Phase II opening" party. Can even place the renderings of the stadium in the Rec Center like they have now.
Back to the top

If any of you find out when the project is awarded to a General Contractor, let me know! Thats when the ball will officially be rolling!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

I suppose General Contractor is different than Construction Manager? I don't really know all the terms but I know that the A/E Award: HKS/SchenkelShultz, CM Award: Cummings-Balfour Beatty.

I was talking to someone the other night about the BEAT ULM shirts and he said his uncle was on the construction team for the stadium. I asked if he had any idea about dates for starting construction and he said he didn't know. I'll follow up with him though.
Back to the top

So does this mean we still need naming rights... ???
Back to the top

The said

So does this mean we still need naming rights… ???

I believe the answer to that is:

Need… no.
Prefer… yes.
Rumor is… we will.
Back to the top

Latest update on Stadium

fauowl said

Go Owls!!

Any update?
Back to the top

Lago said

fauowl said

Go Owls!!

Any update?

An RFP (Request for Proposal) has been released regarding financing for the stadium.  Probably won't be anything new until the naming rights contract is signed supposedly in Nov.

Back to the top

owlcountry said

I suppose General Contractor is different than Construction Manager? I don't really know all the terms but I know that the A/E Award: HKS/SchenkelShultz, CM Award: Cummings-Balfour Beatty.

I was talking to someone the other night about the BEAT ULM shirts and he said his uncle was on the construction team for the stadium. I asked if he had any idea about dates for starting construction and he said he didn't know. I'll follow up with him though.

Nice! My company has a good relationship with Balfour Beatty. I dont know anyone with James A. Cummings. I wonder if any of these folks go to the football games. I would like to meet some of them.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top
Control functions: