Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dear Howard... Its time for change

Dear Coach Schnellenberger, it is time for a change with your coordinators!

I know this is the first year for our offensive coordinator, but let's face it, this is the worst we've seen this offense since Rusty has been here.

The D I understand is young and they'll need time together to gel but can we please get Rod Payne to coach the defense. Wyoming is running the same play over and over, QB scramble to his left.

5 offsides penalties is unaccetable and someone needs to be held accountable.

Lucky for us we still have a shot in this game but it shouldn't come down to this!

With the right coaches in there I fully believe we could have beaten S.Carolina.

So Howard for the sake of the fans PLEASE fire your coordinators!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Dear Howard... Its time for change

TD FAU......you were saying?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Dear Coach Schnellenberger, it is time for a change with your coordinators!

I know this is the first year for our offensive coordinator, but let's face it, this is the worst we've seen this offense since Rusty has been here.

The D I understand is young and they'll need time together to gel but can we please get Rod Payne to coach the defense. Wyoming is running the same play over and over, QB scramble to his left.

5 offsides penalties is unacceptable and someone needs to be held accountable.

Lucky for us we still have a shot in this game but it shouldn't come down to this!

With the right coaches in there I fully believe we could have beaten S.Carolina.

So Howard for the sake of the fans PLEASE fire your coordinators!

I agree Jab! Perform or take a walk!
Back to the top

TD Wyoming.... You were saying? Lol

Back to the top

I rest my case! Penalties after penalties after penalties. Its time to make the right move coach…

FIRE YOUR COORDINATORS NOW!!!

Back to the top

Jab979 said

I rest my case! Penalties after penalties after penalties. Its time to make the right move coach…

FIRE YOUR COORDINATORS NOW!!!

In a world that leaves no room for mistakes and crappy coaching–Fire them Howard!  I know if I performed that way in my job, I would have been fired!!
Back to the top

Fire whom exactly?  We had alot of penalties yes, but they had more.  What is the coach going to do to help the defense make a stop?  When push comes to shove, the players need to stand up.

Right now we have no leaders among the athletes.  Rusty isn't a leader, last year Frantz was a leader and Paris was the leader on Offense.  Is it any surprise that once Nick Paris came back we started winning games last year? No.

The coordinators can only do so much, Penalties can be punished, but in the end its the players out there that need to have the discipline and mental toughness to not screw things up.

I was listening to the game so I cant comment on more than what I was told but it sounded like both our Defense and Offense were inconsistent, and I don't think that has much to do with the coordinators.

All our games that we win are close, the difference in the past has been leadership..we need some.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

I agree that someone on defense needs to step up and tell his teammates when to step the fuck up.

As for Darryl Jackson…..he's looking real bad right now.
Back to the top

Well I'd start with firing the offensive coordinator. Why are we throwing 3 yard dump passes on 3rd and 7 in the 4th quarter? We tried going deep 1x and it was broken up by a nice playan why not try it again at some point? We run a reverse with Bonner, the result is a TD. Again why not try that again at some point?

As for the defense… They were gasping for air out there in the 4th quarter. We had just had a decent drive result in a TD there's no reason they should be that tired. Also the Wyoming QB did the same scramble to his left AT LEAST 5x. The D needs to adjust. If the coaches see that then they need to relay it to the players. We run the same defensive scheme every game. Our DB's are lined up about 5-6 yards back from the WR. If you give them a 5 yard cushion they're going to catch it and result in first downs

Back to the top

Dear Howard... Its time for change

Fire them all! Howard doesn't coach and he can't inspire this generation of players. Move him into a office position and let him finish out his career as the face of the Owls. He's earned that. As for the rest of them, this is the worse coaching effort I have seen in a long, long, I mean long time. I don't know what the heck kind of defensive scheme we are running. We can't tackle! We are undisciplined and we are fundamentally unsound. Why didn't our players know they had to cover the kick off after the ball went ten yards? Why weren't we ready for a fake FG? Folks this is football 101 we are getting beat on.

The OC seems to not know how to call a game. He may know plays but that doesn't equate to calling a game. Although he didn't throw the ball into the ground on a crucial 4th and 4, he did call a lot of questionable plays throughoutthe game and to sum it up, he called yet another piss poor game. Don't know folks, at this rate we won't win 5 games, as I see us having trouble not just with Troy, but AKST and MID TN, That says we will be home for Christmas. Disappointing to say the least, but reality is setting in. This team just isn't good.
Back to the top
Control functions: