Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN 760 Streaming Problems

ESPN 760 Streaming Problems

Hey everyone, this is Ken LaVicka…wanted to quickly address the problems you've been having trying to stream at the ESPN760.com. I know it's frustrating, but I can assure you that it's more so for us. I know some people are upset to the point of an ultra-intelligent contributer to this message board calling us "assbags" during today's live thread, but it's very true when those who take your calls during games tell you we can't do anything about it. If we could on our own, we would, trust me.

ESPN runs our website and it's their streaming company that sets up how commercials are run online. They are set up to fire at specific times based on the traditional ESPNradio.com clock…unfortunately that doesn't account for our live play-by-play broadcasts. I can assure you that we have been working dilligently to finally get this rectified, but much to our regret, it still has yet to be fixed. We are trying to get it done and I'll be the first to tell of you when it's good.

Until then, as many of you know, the best option is FAUSports.com. Just click on the stretch internet link and you're good.

I hope that that explains things a bit better and calms some negativity towards us. Check out ESPN760.com for a bunch of interactive content that we update every week.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN 760 Streaming Problems

Ken,

Thank you for the reply on the problems you are currently are having with the streaming of the broadcast of the games.  Hopefully you find a solution soon and will use the fausports.com links till you inform us that the problem has been rectified.

Thanks again for all the coverage you do provide on ESPN 760 & special thanks to Evan Cohen for the great job he has done covering FAU sports.

Bytor
Back to the top

Bytor, thanks for posting this. Ken, thanks for the explanation. As one who linves in Colorado, I often depend on the radio broadcasts. I know it must be frustrating for you, as well. Bring home a few victories and all will be OK.
Back to the top

Thanks for the explanation, but this has been going on since the Nebraska game a month ago. If it hasn't been fixed it by now, I doubt it will be fixed by the time this season is over.

Is there anyone at the WWL that we can contact and bitch about this to, so I don't have to call you EVERY Saturday that I can't listen to the game without having it interrupted in the middle of a play?
Back to the top

GhostOfBuchanan said

Thanks for the explanation, but this has been going on since the Nebraska game a month ago. If it hasn't been fixed it by now, I doubt it will be fixed by the time this season is over.

Is there anyone at the WWL that we can contact and bitch about this to, so I don't have to call you EVERY Saturday that I can't listen to the game without having it interrupted in the middle of a play?

FAUSports.com. That's the solution for now.

I understand it's been a month, but it is not us dragging our feet, I can assure you of this. It will hopefully be taken care of sooner rather than later. I wish I had more information for you.
Back to the top
Control functions: